Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Expendables (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5863)

TexasRN 08-16-2010 02:40 PM

The Expendables

Ok, so you have to go into this movie knowing what it really is. It is a big, old, cheesy, throwback to what I grew up on, action movie. The dialogue is silly in places and it's rather predictable. BUT, I enjoyed the heck out of it. The theater was packed on a Sunday afternoon and we all laughed at the right places. I recommend going to see it, just keep in mind that it is what it is and it's not trying to be anything other than a fun movie.

~Amy

VCURamFan 08-16-2010 03:49 PM

I agree 100%: it's nothing but a good-old-fashioned shoot 'em up. But it's one heck of a good-old-fashioned shoot 'em up!

Wen to see this Saturday afternoon with some friends & we absolutely loved it. Awesome fight scenes, great action & hilarious interaction between the characters.

My 2 favorite bits: Jet Li explaining to Sly why he needs a bigger cut & Terry Crewes w/ his gf! :laugh:

TexasRN 08-16-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 131287)
I agree 100%: it's nothing but a good-old-fashioned shoot 'em up. But it's one heck of a good-old-fashioned shoot 'em up!

Wen to see this Saturday afternoon with some friends & we absolutely loved it. Awesome fight scenes, great action & hilarious interaction between the characters.

My 2 favorite bits: Jet Li explaining to Sly why he needs a bigger cut & Terry Crewes w/ his gf! :laugh:

Jet Li was my favorite character, he just kept cracking me up. I don't want to start reciting some of his lines here because I don't want to ruin it for anyone else but he killed me.

~Amy

Buc Nasty 08-16-2010 05:42 PM

I can't wait to see this!

Rev 08-16-2010 08:52 PM

No Joke! It made my top 10 just because of what it was and how well they done it. It was good to see a good old shootem up with no stupid sneeky twist. i like a good twist sometimes but nowadays it seems like every movie has one. This made me feel like I felt the first time I saw Rambo.

Awesome movie!!!!!

Boomer 08-16-2010 09:19 PM

AGREED!! It was a great action flick ... some of the dialog was a bit cheesy ... but words just fill time until the next explosion. :laugh:

surveyorshawn 08-17-2010 02:07 AM

Awesome reviews! I can't wait to see it! My buddy made me promise to wait to see it until we got back from Florida so we could watch it together, since we grew up watching the 80's action flicks together!

JavierDLC 08-17-2010 05:27 AM

I went with a couple of friends this Saturday to watch this movie and we loved it!!!! Where still talking about it :)

I think Jason Statham was my favorite he has the best accent ever!

I think there will be a sequel were the Governator and Bruce Willis will play bigger roles :cool:

TexasRN 08-17-2010 11:02 AM

I think Sly sat down to write this and just decided to put everything he likes in movies into this movie. Guns, blood, knives, bad guys, good guys, girls, explosions, fights, muscles, death, and redemption. :laugh:

~Amy

VCURamFan 08-17-2010 03:51 PM

I can't wait for this movie to come out on DVD. It's the sort of thing I'd gladly turn on in the background 24/7.