Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hello fellow Matt Hughes Fans! (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5830)

sunshine_jkd 08-13-2010 04:07 AM

Hello fellow Matt Hughes Fans!

Hello everyone! I am a proud new member of the Matt Hughes forums and am quite excited. Matt Hughes is the reason I love mixed martial arts.

I am a martial artist and have been my whole life. I teach and train in several disciplines. When I first heard of the UFC I was turned off, mostly because I was use to more traditional kickboxing, muay thai or k1 or strictly grappling matches at the time. I must admit it was quite ignorant and closed minded of me! The first fight I sat through was Hughes vs Trigg 1 and I was hooked immediately, and Mr. Hughes became my guy. Since then I rarely miss an event, and follow the sport very closely.

I have also known of this site since then and have been checking out these forums a few times a day. Until now I haven't taken the plunge to become a "posting" member, because I am typically somewhat turned off by most forums. But most people on here seem very different. Instead of the usuall negativity you see in most forums,..here there is an overwhelming amount of support and positive energy and I love it. So not only am I a first time Matt Hughes forum member,..but I am a first time forum member in general!

I look forward to this experience, and wish Mr. Hughes the best of luck in this Hunting season :)

Silverback 08-13-2010 04:28 AM

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here.:punch::punch::punch:

Chuck 08-13-2010 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine_jkd (Post 130609)
Hello everyone! I am a proud new member of the Matt Hughes forums and am quite excited. Matt Hughes is the reason I love mixed martial arts.

I am a martial artist and have been my whole life. I teach and train in several disciplines. When I first heard of the UFC I was turned off, mostly because I was use to more traditional kickboxing, muay thai or k1 or strictly grappling matches at the time. I must admit it was quite ignorant and closed minded of me! The first fight I sat through was Hughes vs Trigg 1 and I was hooked immediately, and Mr. Hughes became my guy. Since then I rarely miss an event, and follow the sport very closely.

I have also known of this site since then and have been checking out these forums a few times a day. Until now I haven't taken the plunge to become a "posting" member, because I am typically somewhat turned off by most forums. But most people on here seem very different. Instead of the usuall negativity you see in most forums,..here there is an overwhelming amount of support and positive energy and I love it. So not only am I a first time Matt Hughes forum member,..but I am a first time forum member in general!

I look forward to this experience, and wish Mr. Hughes the best of luck in this Hunting season :)

Welcome to the forums my friend! I'm Ben from Florida!

Do you have a name or shall we all call you Sunshine?? :tongue0011:

Does JKD = Jeet Kune do?

Boomer 08-13-2010 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback (Post 130614)
Welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here.:punch::punch::punch:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! :)

sunshine_jkd 08-13-2010 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 130615)
Welcome to the forums my friend! I'm Ben from Florida!

Do you have a name or shall we all call you Sunshine?? :tongue0011:

Does JKD = Jeet Kune do?

My name is Ari, but sunshine is my nickname :cool:

JKD does indeed = Jeet Kune Do This is one of the arts I train in and teach :)

TexasRN 08-13-2010 11:56 AM

Welcome, Ari. This is the only forum I post on as well for the same reasons you stated. I love this place and the people here. Matt just attracts the kinds of fans you find on here. Good people.

~Amy

County Mike 08-13-2010 12:28 PM

Welcome.

I'm Chuck from NJ.

Llamafighter 08-13-2010 01:12 PM

Good morning Sunshine.
You'll fine that this barely classifies as an MMA Forum in the context which the others operate. it's more of a big family. we fight, laugh, and genuinely take care of one another.
Enjoy!!

sunshine_jkd 08-13-2010 03:29 PM

wow! thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. very much appreciated :)

VCURamFan 08-13-2010 05:06 PM

Welcome to forums, Sunshine! If you value your sanity, run away now!!! :frantics:

I'm Mac from VA.