Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Matt Hughes (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Alves Rematch (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5828)

BamaGrits84 08-12-2010 08:04 PM

Alves Rematch

Some of you with the inside scoop, any chance this might happen once hunting season is over? That is if Dana lets Alves try at 170 every again.

VCURamFan 08-12-2010 08:10 PM

According to what Matt was telling us after the fights, he's not even planning to talk to Dana or the UFC again until after the New Year. So I dunno if there's an inside scoop to be had yet.

That being said, if there is, I'm prolly not the one to have it. I'm not a admin, mod, or neighbor, so I don't get news much earlier than you! :laugh:

Irish Pride 08-12-2010 08:30 PM

I hope not. Alves needs to move to MW. This not making weight thing is ridiculous :angry: and it sounded like Dana was pretty strong about him going to MW.

Jonlion 08-12-2010 09:22 PM

dana said at press conference that Alves has to fight at MW. That's him done now! ha ha

logrus 08-12-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 (Post 130541)
Some of you with the inside scoop, any chance this might happen once hunting season is over? That is if Dana lets Alves try at 170 every again.

Not a fight I want to see as Alv struggles to make weight and is on a downward skid.

MattHughesRocks 08-13-2010 03:11 AM

I don't have an inside scoop BUT, I think that fatboy should be made to move up in weigh class.He's just ridiculous.

sunshine_jkd 08-13-2010 03:15 AM

i heard that mike dolce talked to alves after and wants to help him stay at 170. In all honesty though,...thiago had brain surgery not very long ago. And even though he is a pro athlete,...any surgery is tough to come back from physically and mentally. I would have been surprised if he performed at 100%

NateR 08-13-2010 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine_jkd (Post 130612)
i heard that mike dolce talked to alves after and wants to help him stay at 170. In all honesty though,...thiago had brain surgery not very long ago. And even though he is a pro athlete,...any surgery is tough to come back from physically and mentally. I would have been surprised if he performed at 100%

I forgot about the brain surgery thing. However, he was still cleared to fight and he had 2 hours to lose half a pound. There's really no good excuse for not making weight.

Sgtchawk 08-13-2010 04:35 AM

My understanding is that Dana will not let Alves fight @ 170. He's pretty much made it clear that Thiago is going to have to move up to 185...

flo 08-13-2010 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine_jkd (Post 130612)

A good point but that's STILL no excuse for not making weight.

Matt took that fight against fatboy on short notice; lucky win for Alves.