Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Brett Favre, Retirement? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5750)

J.B. 08-04-2010 03:05 AM

Brett Favre, Retirement?
 
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4ow2Juu7nM...BrettFavre.jpg

Discuss...


again.... :laugh:

matthughesfan21 08-04-2010 03:07 AM

I hope the media whore makes up his mind, I'd like to see him retire and sink into seclusion so I never have to see his face anymore...I loathe him

VCURamFan 08-04-2010 03:08 AM

Holy thread resurr - o, wait, this is a new one? :blink:

J.B. 08-04-2010 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 (Post 127895)
I hope the media whore makes up his mind, I'd like to see him retire and sink into seclusion so I never have to see his face anymore...I loathe him

Jeez man...I'm a Cardinals fan 4 life, but I'm also a Bears fan who grew up in Chicago watching him shred us and even I don't hate the guy that much... :laugh:

J.B. 08-04-2010 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 127896)
Holy thread resurr - o, wait, this is a new one? :blink:

:laugh:

Yup...it's the 3rd annual Favre Retirement Thread

For those who DON'T know...the news today is that he is NOT playing next season...

matthughesfan21 08-04-2010 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 127902)
Jeez man...I'm a Cardinals fan 4 life, but I'm also a Bears fan who grew up in Chicago watching him shred us and even I don't hate the guy that much... :laugh:

I never hated him until the last few offseasons, I actually liked watching him play even though he was a Packer...I liked his playing style, but I am soooo sick of this indecisive BS every offseason....He's become a diva and it irritates and I want him to go away so ESPN will actually have to find some other news to report

J.B. 08-04-2010 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 (Post 127905)
I never hated him until the last few offseasons, I actually liked watching him play even though he was a Packer...I liked his playing style, but I am soooo sick of this indecisive BS every offseason....He's become a diva and it irritates and I want him to go away so ESPN will actually have to find some other news to report

I totally agree with you on the fact that he has been irritating the last few seasons. (and irritating to see on those wrangler commercials)

Let me ask you this though, because it's an interesting question...

Who has been worse... Lebron James or Brett Favre?

matthughesfan21 08-04-2010 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 127906)
I totally agree with you on the fact that he has been irritating the last few seasons. (and irritating to see on those wrangler commercials)

Let me ask you this though, because it's an interesting question...

Who has been worse... Lebron James or Brett Favre?

This year? LBJ....Overall? Favre

J.B. 08-04-2010 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 (Post 127907)
This year? LBJ....Overall? Favre

I agree...

What Brett has done is much worse than LeBron...

I will give Favre a slight benefit of the doubt in wanting to see how his ankle surgery played out, but if he decides to come back after the training camps and preseason is over, or if he rides in on a white horse during the Vikings bye-week in week 4, I hope the media slams him good.

LeBron has taken it on the chin, and yes he made a couple arrogant moves, but Favre could have told the Vikings a while back and actually given them a chance to secure a good QB...like Donovan McNabb. LeBron didn't really owe that to the Cavs organization after 7 years IMO.

matthughesfan21 08-04-2010 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 127908)
I agree...

What Brett has done is much worse than LeBron...

I will give Favre a slight benefit of the doubt in wanting to see how his ankle surgery played out, but if he decides to come back after the training camps and preseason is over, or if he rides in on a white horse during the Vikings bye-week in week 4, I hope the media slams him good.

LeBron has taken it on the chin, and yes he made a couple arrogant moves, but Favre could have told the Vikings a while back and actually given them a chance to secure a good QB...like Donovan McNabb.

this year with the ankle hasn't bothered me as much, but the last few years where he drags it out until the last minute is just complete bogus...Lebron put on a media charade this summer which irritated me and I probably wont' find myself rooting for him as much anymore, but throughout the last several years, his media-whoreness pales in comparison to Favre


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.