Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How the HECK do you get a job (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573)

Jason 16 02-25-2009 10:29 PM

How the HECK do you get a job

Ive filled out 6 aplications in the last week and Im still searching. any tips remember i am 16

NateR 02-25-2009 10:49 PM

Inside connections help. My dad got me my first job, which was at Sonic Drive-In, only because the owner of that particular Sonic lived in the same apartment complex as us.

Tyburn 02-25-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason 16
Ive filled out 6 aplications in the last week and Im still searching. any tips remember i am 16

keep applying, getting a job isnt very easy....besides the process will take several weeks to start bringing you feedback. You have to wait for the closing date for the jobs you apply for, then wait to hear if your called to the interviews or whatever.

:)

matthughesfan21 02-25-2009 10:52 PM

i'm lucky i live in a small town or I would have never gotten mine, and thats only because all the other stockers are lazy and worthless and she needed actual HELP...took me 8 months though

Jason 16 02-25-2009 11:30 PM

I normaly do under the table jobs like running a heavy equipment,wireing,splitting wood and crap like that but now people are doing that stuff on there own to save money (I got realy paid well for a while)

O yea an I kinda have the I want a job now state of mind because wrestling got over and I want to go back to the gym as soon as possible.

County Mike 02-26-2009 12:29 AM

We just got a bunch of our fighters back in the gym for the same reason - wrestling is over.

Good luck with the job. Hopefully you find a good one. If you think you can handle it, I recommend being a waiter. Much better pay than your typical store in the mall or fast food joint. (Assuming people tip reasonably)

Jason 16 02-26-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by County Mike
We just got a bunch of our fighters back in the gym for the same reason - wrestling is over.

Good luck with the job. Hopefully you find a good one. If you think you can handle it, I recommend being a waiter. Much better pay than your typical store in the mall or fast food joint. (Assuming people tip reasonably)

That was the first thing I tryed Iam just hopeing the lady kicks the out the two stoners that she has working for her

Spiritwalker 02-26-2009 01:36 AM

Send me your resume and I will give it a once over. A good resume will help a lot. I have a "questionnaire" that all managers ask potential employees at one point or another.. in one way or another.. email it to me at thespiritwalker@gmail.com

Llamafighter 02-26-2009 02:22 AM

When I was in high school I worked fast food in the winter and farmed, and mowed yards in the summer. I would check the classifieds and pound the pavement and just think about what kind of business you would enjoy working for. Then go to those businesses and share your interest and ask how you can get work.

rockdawg21 02-26-2009 03:07 AM

Persistence. Go to each place 2 or 3 times a week and ask them if they've looked at your application, considered your application, etc. It shows a true desire to work.

My father didn't have a degree and was constantly bothering the top guy at IBM in Kansas City. My dad would wear a suit every morning for about a year, meet the guy in the parking lot, and say, "See?! I'm here before you are!" Then he would change out of his suit, and go to class. After a year, the guy finally broke down, gave him a job, and my dad began fixing computers for IBM all over the world, and he didn't even have his degree.

I took the same principles and haven't ever had a problem finding a job since then. If you show persistence, as soon as a position is available, you will be the one on their mind and they will call you. Sometimes, they will just make a position for you.

Good luck!