Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training/Nutrition (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hit a Plateau- advice? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5449)

Chris F 06-16-2010 05:05 PM

Hit a Plateau- advice?

Well since last March I have dropped from 305lbs to about 250. My diet is under control but I have no time or money for a gym membership. Anyone have some advice for at home exercises other then the typical crunches, squats etc. I am thinking about getting back into the ring (pro wrestling) for a few matches to show my kids what I used to do before they were born. I really need to get down to about 220 to be in the shape i feel is good enough. Any advice would be great. I have not has a regular routine since cancer.

Dethbob 06-16-2010 06:39 PM

If you’re not afraid to try something retarded, ‘Biggest Loser’ for the Wii is actually not bad. I tried it after my wife got it for Christmas, and almost puked the first time. I started mixing it in once or twice a week and my run time and distance improved and I can lift with more stability.

rearnakedchoke 06-16-2010 08:03 PM

i'd pick up a set of resistance bands and do some work with them as they are not that expensive.. but if you want to get back into wrestling, i would go with some weights ... kettlbels are good, but they may not be cheap ...

Chuck 06-16-2010 09:04 PM

Two words : Muscle Confusion.

rockdawg21 06-17-2010 01:44 AM

Have you had a rest since March? Might be time to take a 2-week break from your diet & training. Give the body a shift and your joints a rest. Even if you gain a little fat by enjoying your meals, the "new fat" will melt away in no time.

Chris F 06-17-2010 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 121473)
Two words : Muscle Confusion.

yeah I think this would help. Also the other advice was real good as well. I wish I had a Wii but that is a bit out of my price range. Thank you all very much

Dethbob 06-17-2010 05:14 PM

Make it fun! I scrounge the internet for fighter’s workout vids and incorporate the exercises into 5x5 workouts (five exercises for a minute each). I also check garbage sales for weights, heavy bags (see Matt’s Cage Fitness), and other stuff. Reinforce the rafters in your garage and put in a couple of ropes about shoulder width for pullups, dips, rows, and climbing. Keeping it cheap can really make it interesting.

suntereo 06-21-2010 06:06 AM

short interval circuit training 2 on 15sec rest. keeps the suck level down

sasquatch 12-28-2010 08:13 PM

I like bodyweight training and weighted pullups if you anything to hang on, handstands are fun too, you could put your hands on the floor with your butt facing a wall and then walk your feet up the wall, it strenthens your whole upperbody.

Miss Foxy 12-28-2010 08:16 PM

Old fashioned jogging..