Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How hard is it to meet a fighter at a live event? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530)

3dlee 02-23-2009 01:07 PM

How hard is it to meet a fighter at a live event?

I know some of ya'll have been to see the UFC live. I will be making my first venture to see the UFC April 1st in Nashville. I was just wanting to know if I get there early if there would fighters just walking around in the crowd signing autographs or taking pictures. Not the fighters on the card because obviously they would be in the locker room. I've seen a lot of pics of people at events with fighters. Is it pretty easy to get these pictures if I were to approach them? Or are these fighters really hard to get near? Thanks for any help. IM STOKED! Any one else going to the fights in Nashville?

Llamafighter 02-23-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dlee
I know some of ya'll have been to see the UFC live. I will be making my first venture to see the UFC April 1st in Nashville. I was just wanting to know if I get there early if there would fighters just walking around in the crowd signing autographs or taking pictures. Not the fighters on the card because obviously they would be in the locker room. I've seen a lot of pics of people at events with fighters. Is it pretty easy to get these pictures if I were to approach them? Or are these fighters really hard to get near? Thanks for any help. IM STOKED! Any one else going to the fights in Nashville?

Go early and get in the arena as early as possible. You can usually see them walking around. if you're sitting up in the cheaper seats go get concessions on the main floor area and you will usually see some fighters in the halls. Most fighters are very approachable. Sometimes different sponsors will have fighters sitting at their tables in the concourse area.

3dlee 02-23-2009 01:15 PM

Thats awesome news. I dont have "cheap seats" but not on the floor. Im in the first level of elevated seats. It'd seem like the way to go for the view point of the fights. I probably would have gotten floor seats if it were a better card. But I really can't wait to attend my first event. Thanks for the insight. Lots of pictures will be posted here the next day. I'd love to meet up with any forum buddies that were attending. Im about 45 minutes from Nashville and hang out there a lot. I could show anyone around that was looking to party/ hit the club after the fights.

Llamafighter 02-23-2009 01:23 PM

I lived in nashville for a year and loved the nightlife down there. Tootsie's Orchid and the bars in the strip there have the best live bands I've ever heard.
have fun buddy!

TexasRN 02-23-2009 01:25 PM

Yeah, what Llamafighter said. Also, listen to the radio shows and all for meet and greet events. They sometimes have those but you may have to pay to go in. The very first time I ever met Matt was when he was at a Best Buy in Houston with Sean Sherk prior to the first GSP-Serra fight. They were doing autographs and photos with fans. I happily stood in line for hours. This was years ago now, before Matt even knew who I was. He doesn't even remember it. :laugh:

~Amy

3dlee 02-23-2009 01:39 PM

hey thats awesome input. how would i go about finding out where and when the weigh-ins are and how do i get tickets? is it possible?

Llamafighter 02-23-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dlee
hey thats awesome input. how would i go about finding out where and when the weigh-ins are and how do i get tickets? is it possible?

It would probably be worth it to go on the ufc site and become a fightclub member. then oyu get into the weigh ins and you also get access to meet and greets. go to ufc.com and look for fightclub link.
Everyone on here that are members have spoken highly of the fightclub access and perks.

MattHughesRocks 02-23-2009 02:34 PM

You don't need to be a member of fight club to see the weigh ins. Just the Q&A before. Also on UFC.com they'll have the times and places that fighters will be up to a couple of days before and of course get to the weigh ins a couple hours early at least and there will be a table full of them waiting to sign stuff:laugh:
The first time I ever met Matt was about 3 years ago and they showed on the UFC website just the day before, if not even the day of, I don't remember, that he was going to be doing a radio interview at a Dave & Busters.It was so last minute I was about the only one that showed up so I kinda hung out with Matt as he waited for the interview and a little after. It helped that Nathan told him I was coming :Whistle:
So yes, do whatever you have time to do. it's a real fun, happy, exciting atmosphere :)
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=event.Appearances

Here's the place to look on UFC.com in the upper left side it'll say " schedule".

Jonlion 02-23-2009 05:22 PM

Get there early and just hang around the arena and you should see fighters walking about, just have a keen eye!

Also when the event is over, hang around a little more then and if you are quick on your feet, mill around and see places you can walk/sneak into!

All the fighters i have met have always been real friendly.

lc87 02-26-2009 04:33 PM

And sometimes durring intermissions and stuff a few of them that are there walk around in the crowd signing stuff. That's how I met jens ant the fightnight in omaha.