Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Baby Hailey (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5199)

County Mike 05-13-2010 08:35 PM

Baby Hailey

I decided to make a separate thread rather than take up the "How do you feel" one.

Recap:
Kelli's due date was Friday so on Monday night her midwife decided to induce. There wasn't really any rush but I guess she just didn't want Hailey to become too big and cause a more difficult birth.

Monday night they gave Kelli something to help thin the cervix. By Tuesday, not much had changed so they gave Kelli another dose of the cervix medicine.

Wednesday: The cervix had thinned but Kelli was only 1.5cm dilated. They started her on Pitocin to cause contractions and hopefully help her dilate more. She spent almost a full day with very painful contractions but no progress on the dilation or thinning of the cervix. Around 10pm Wednesday night they decided to take her off the Pitocin and try to let her sleep.

Thursday: Still no change. They sent us home. If Kelli doesn't dilate more and go into full labor naturally they will induce again on Monday night. Kelli is having contractions but they're spread out. She's very uncomfortable so I'm just trying to help her relax. The only thing that seems to help is sitting in a tub of warm water.

Thank you all for the support and well wishes. Thanks to Amy for her information. I'll keep you posted as much as I can when things change.

TexasRN 05-13-2010 08:44 PM

I know it's really rough right now for Kelli and your support will be something she will remember and cherish. Hopefully you can both get some decent sleep tonight in your lovely memory foam bed and maybe things will get going on their own tomorrow. This is not at all uncommon.

Take care of you both, make sure you eat and stay hydrated and keep her hydrated. Walking, hot showers with the spray on her lower back, warm baths, etc is basically the best medicine right now. Your midwife is doing everything I would want done for me with all that I know. Hailey is definitely worth all the pain and frustration but you know that already.

~Amy

flo 05-13-2010 08:57 PM

Will continue to send positive thoughts and prayers to you both.

Chuck 05-13-2010 08:59 PM

WAR KELLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're praying for you brother, keep us posted!

Llamafighter 05-14-2010 01:36 AM

Definitely Praying for a quick birth. Give our best to Kelli!

Silverback 05-14-2010 01:42 AM

Good luck to all three, everything will be fine, and God bless all of you.

3dlee 05-14-2010 01:45 AM

We're praying all is well! May God bless yall with a happy healthy baby and momma! I really hope things get more comfortable for Kelli. I can not tell you how relieved I am that I will never carry a child. Women are very tough and I think its miraculous how God blesses us with children.

VCURamFan 05-14-2010 01:46 AM

Aw man! I thought something had happened since I'd last checked in. :cry:

WAR KELLI!!!! :laugh:

Mac 05-14-2010 01:55 AM

Just Hang in there Buddy , Tell Keli all that pain and suffering will be gone in a split second as Soon as Hailey is here.

MattHughesRocks 05-14-2010 02:12 AM

Maybe Haily is just busy and isn't ready to come out.She'll come out when she's done :rolleyes: