Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Baseball Season (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514)

matthughesfan21 02-22-2009 04:45 AM

Baseball Season

It is coming up fast...I am the biggest cub fan you will ever meet...are any of you excited for the 2009 season, I am jacked, I somehow managed to get april 19th tickets for the cubs cards tickets(200 calls, and 5 online virutal waiting rooms, and we finally got through)I am so ready for this...EAMUS CATULI(which means Go cubs in latin for those non cubs fans out there hahah

Moose 02-22-2009 08:00 PM

Sorry man, until they can get a left handed bat and a leadoff hitter your boys are screwed.

matthughesfan21 02-22-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose
Sorry man, until they can get a left handed bat and a leadoff hitter your boys are screwed.

Miles and Bradley add that left handed bat, the leadoff hitter I would possibly agree with, there are potential leadoff hitters in that lineup, they just need some playing time to find the best fit

Moose 02-24-2009 05:37 PM

Both are switch hitters, but to call Miles much of a hitter at all is a stretch. He's no where close to being a force like DeRosa was, and he's only average defensively. Good luck with that.

rearnakedchoke 02-24-2009 05:47 PM

yeah, baseball is great ... but my man V-Dub is out for spring .. and it will be interesting to watch the yanks this year, considering they signed the entire league over the winter ...

matthughesfan21 02-24-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose
Both are switch hitters, but to call Miles much of a hitter at all is a stretch. He's no where close to being a force like DeRosa was, and he's only average defensively. Good luck with that.

he is a decent average hitter....315 last year, and like .290 liftetime, he just doesn't hit for power, he fits nicely how we need to use him, it just wasn't the right fit for him in the STL lineup as it could be in the Cubs lineup, Fontenot is also a lefty who can get good time at second base

Moose 02-24-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
he is a decent average hitter....315 last year, and like .290 liftetime, he just doesn't hit for power, he fits nicely how we need to use him, it just wasn't the right fit for him in the STL lineup as it could be in the Cubs lineup, Fontenot is also a lefty who can get good time at second base

While he hits for a decent average but doesn't get on base a ton and has no power. None much. He's versatile, white, and hustles, which generally allows for overvaluing, especially in Cardinalville.

J.B. 02-24-2009 10:30 PM

I'm still in Basketball mode, which I got into late this year because the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl, but I'm not sure that the Bulls or the Suns will be making much of a run at the playoffs this season so I will probably get into Baseball mode a little earlier this year.

Either way, GO WHITE SOX!

VCURamFan 02-25-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I'm still in Basketball mode, which I got into late this year because the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl, but I'm not sure that the Bulls or the Suns will be making much of a run at the playoffs this season so I will probably get into Baseball mode a little earlier this year.

Either way, GO WHITE SOX!

Yeah, I gotta admit, I'm a little disappointed by the Suns. I thought that once we got Shaq to combat The Admiral, we'd be able to sail through the Play-Offs & get us a title. Turns out, not so much.

matthughesfan21 02-25-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Yeah, I gotta admit, I'm a little disappointed by the Suns. I thought that once we got Shaq to combat The Admiral, we'd be able to sail through the Play-Offs & get us a title. Turns out, not so much.

david robinson still plays?:huh: