Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   MMA (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MMA Superfight Possible For April (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51)

Country Breakfast 01-22-2009 11:27 PM

MMA Superfight Possible For April

Quote:
A Feb. 13 WarGods and Ken Shamrock Productions event at the Fresno Arena in Fresno, Calif., features Frank Shamrock in the main event and fellow UFC trailblazer David “Tank” Abbott in the co-headline bout.

After the “The Valentine”s Eve Massacre” show, a Ken Shamrock vs. Tank Abbott fight could take place in April.

According to an official announcement from KSP, the Shamrock-Abbott fight is in the “final stages of negotiations.”

It’s tentatively planned for late April in Reno, Nev.

“There are a lot of fans that have followed this for years, die-hard fans, who want to see this and reminisce a little bit,” stated Shamrock, who turns 45 next month.

First up, though, Ken Shamrock (26-13-2) meets Ross Clifton (6-8), a super-heavyweight who’s 1-5 in his past six fights and is around 360 pounds. All six of Clifton’s victories have ended in the first round—three in less than a minute.

Tank Abbott (9-14), meanwhile, returns to action for the first time since his February 2008 loss to Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson. Abbott, who debuted at UFC 6 and fought for the heavyweight title at UFC 15, has lost eight of his past nine fights (all in the first round). He now takes on Mike Bourke (8-11-1), a King of the Cage veteran who’s 1-7 (with one no-contest) in his past nine fights.

The Feb. 13 WarGod/KSP show also features notables Wesley “Cabbage” Correira, Tonya Evinger, Josh Haynes, Ashe Bowman and Jennifer Tate. Bo Cantrell, Ken Shamrock’s original opponent, and Ryan Shamrock, Ken’s son, were both scratched from the line-up due to injuries.

The full card includes:

Ross Clifton vs. Ken Shamrock
Tank Abbott vs. Mike Bourke
BJ Lacy vs. Kyacey Uscola
Mike Moreno vs Gary Padilla
Wesley “Cabbage” Correira vs. Buddy Roberts
Ashe Bowman vs Isaac De Jesus
Nathan James vs. Rick Reeves
Jen Babcock vs. Jennifer Tate
Tonya Evinger vs TBA
Zoila Frausto vs Karina Halliman
Darrin Freeman vs Tony Johnson
Josh Haynes vs Rafeal Del Rio

Max 01-23-2009 12:17 AM

the best fighter on that card is TBA

jignpig 01-23-2009 12:22 AM

:happy0198: :happy0198:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max

VCURamFan 01-23-2009 04:16 AM

Hmmm....

TBA FTW!!!!!

matthughesfan21 01-23-2009 04:27 AM

First up, though, Ken Shamrock (26-13-2) meets Ross Clifton (6-8), a super-heavyweight who’s 1-5 in his past six fights and is around 360 pounds. All six of Clifton’s victories have ended in the first round—three in less than a minute.

Tank Abbott (9-14), meanwhile, returns to action for the first time since his February 2008 loss to Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson. Abbott, who debuted at UFC 6 and fought for the heavyweight title at UFC 15, has lost eight of his past nine fights (all in the first round). He now takes on Mike Bourke (8-11-1), a King of the Cage veteran who’s 1-7 (with one no-contest) in his past nine fights.

how's either of these considered a "superfight".....GSP/Penn=superfight....Tank/Bourke=I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon

VCURamFan 01-23-2009 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthughesfan21

how's either of these considered a "superfight".....GSP/Penn=superfight....Tank/Bourke=I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon

Well said.

Country Breakfast 01-23-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthughesfan21

I was being sarcastic.:)

KevinD 01-23-2009 11:38 AM

this is getting sad.

Llamafighter 01-23-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max

Quote of the year!!

I see these fights all ending my "complete lack of dignity"!

Crisco 01-23-2009 12:51 PM

Evinger has decent skills haha.

I think Ken subs Tank but knowing can he will probably stand with tank.

Tank will lose because its impossible for him to ever win a fight again.