Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   CD's that you like all songs on. (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4956)

Buzzard 04-19-2010 07:38 AM

CD's that you like all songs on.
 
I really like Train's debut. I bought it in '98 or '99 when I heard the single "Meet Virginia" and immediately liked the other songs too. Some cd's take a few listens for me to like, and it is rare that I like all songs on a disc. This one I liked from the get go.

Queen is up there too, they have more than one that I like all songs on.

The last cd's that I bought were The Killers "Hot Fuss" and "Sam's Town" in 2006. Took me a few listens to really enjoy the whole package for each cd. I have an hour drive into work so I can listen to a complete cd on the drive in and on the drive home. Didn't get into their last stuff though.

So, what groups/cd's have you been happy with the entire cd, and did it take time for the music to grow on you?

NateR 04-19-2010 01:02 PM

It's rare that I like every song on a single CD (outside of greatest hits albums, but even that is pretty rare).

U2 - The Joshua Tree
Weezer - Pinkerton
Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters
Beck - Odelay
Type O Negative - October Rust
Nightwish - Oceanborn
Nightwish - Wishmaster
Dead Can Dance - The Serpent's Egg
Dead Can Dance - Toward the Within
The Airborne Toxic Event - The Airborne Toxic Event
The Lightning Seeds - CloudCuckooLand
The Cure - Disintegration
Depeche Mode - Violator
Peter Gabriel - So
Genesis - Invisible Touch
Sisters of Mercy - Floodland
Sisters of Mercy - Vision Thing
Midnight Oil - Diesel and Dust

Okay, maybe it's not as rare as I thought. :unsure-1:

I've only recently started listening to The Killers. I really like their song Spaceman, I heard it once on the radio and it quickly became one of my all time favorite songs. I haven't listened to any of their earlier stuff though.

rearnakedchoke 04-19-2010 02:42 PM

Kiss - Destroyer
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Beatie Boys - Paul's Boutique
Tupac - All Eyez on me
Beethoven - not really an album, but a CD of his middle period works ...

Spiritwalker 04-19-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR (Post 111983)
It's rare that I like every song on a single CD (outside of greatest hits albums, but even that is pretty rare).

U2 - The Joshua Tree
Weezer - Pinkerton
Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters
Beck - Odelay
Type O Negative - October Rust
Nightwish - Oceanborn
Nightwish - Wishmaster

Dead Can Dance - The Serpent's Egg
Dead Can Dance - Toward the Within

The Airborne Toxic Event - The Airborne Toxic Event
The Lightning Seeds - CloudCuckooLand
The Cure - Disintegration
Depeche Mode - Violator
Peter Gabriel - So
Genesis - Invisible Touch
Sisters of Mercy - Floodland
Sisters of Mercy - Vision Thing

Midnight Oil - Diesel and Dust

Okay, maybe it's not as rare as I thought. :unsure-1:

I've only recently started listening to The Killers. I really like their song Spaceman, I heard it once on the radio and it quickly became one of my all time favorite songs. I haven't listened to any of their earlier stuff though.


Just curious,

Am I the only one who has any tunes by these bands???

Nate.. MC900ft Jesus? Tones on Tail? Pigface? Love and Rockets? Thrill Kill Kult?

Spiritwalker 04-19-2010 03:26 PM

I loved the entire album:

Kiss - Destroyer (first record I ever bought - yep RECORD)
The Cult - Dreamtime
The Cult - Sonic Temple
Billy Thorpe - Childern of the Son
Styx - Paradise Theatre (I have a thing about concept albums)
Metallica - Masters of Puppets and Ride the Lightening
The Doors - Waiting for the Sun, The Soft Parade and The Doors
Kiss - Dynasty
Run DMC - King Of Rock and Rasiing Hell
Rush - A bunch of albums
The Clash - London Calling

MANY MANY others....

Tyburn 04-19-2010 10:01 PM

do they have to be "songs" :huh:

NateR 04-19-2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritwalker (Post 112004)
Just curious,

Am I the only one who has any tunes by these bands???

Nate.. MC900ft Jesus? Tones on Tail? Pigface? Love and Rockets? Thrill Kill Kult?

I used to have a Love and Rockets cassette, which I listened to almost all the way through high school, and I've heard a few songs from the Thrill Kill Kult.

Other albums I should add are:
New Model Army - Impurity
Ministry - With Sympathy
Peter Schilling - A Different Story (World of Lust and Crime)
Mr. Mister - Welcome to the Real World

J.B. 04-19-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR (Post 112073)
Ministry - With Sympathy

Ministry is cool. Rarely hear people talk about them anymore.

Some of my favorites are

Tool - Ænima
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Eagles of Death Metal - Peace, Love, and Death Metal
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
Johnny Cash - American IV
Stone Sour- Self Titled

donaldbreland 04-20-2010 12:59 AM

The new Chris Young and Jake Owens CD's are awsome. That is if you like Country.

NateR 04-20-2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 112080)
Ministry is cool. Rarely hear people talk about them anymore.

Yeah, I preferred them in their electronic pop days before they made the switch to thrash metal.

More on my list from about the mid-90s:

Chris Isaak - Forever Blue
Rusted Root - When I Woke
Metallica - Load (I seem to be the only one who preferred them after their crossover to alternative rock)


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.