Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   STL MMA (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4945)

Bobby71 04-18-2010 03:50 PM

STL MMA

Hi all, My name is Bobby and I'm from West County St Louis. Long time MMA fan and long time fan of Matt Hughes. I post on the underground as well, but I'm looking to talk MMA with some people that are more local as well. I figured this place would be a good mix of local and national fans.

Tyburn 04-18-2010 05:28 PM

Greetings...but...i'm from England...so not exactly local im afraid :unsure-1:

On the other hand, I have visited Saint Louis last year :w00t:

Silverback 04-18-2010 05:46 PM

Welcome STL MMA, local got to love it, good to have you.:punch::punch::punch:

Bobby71 04-18-2010 05:49 PM

Thanks guys. None of my friends like MMA and I have given up on trying to convince them. Instead I'm looking for new friends that already like MMA.

TexasRN 04-18-2010 06:01 PM

Welcome! I'm in NC now but I used to live in a tiny little town outside of Poplar Bluff MO when I was a kid.

Being a girl, I have a hard time finding friends who like MMA but that's why I went to the gym here and started JJ classes. Now I have a whole group of friends who love and understand the sport. Of course most of them are guys but we are getting more girls into the sport here. :happydancing:

~Amy

Silverback 04-18-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby71 (Post 111823)
Thanks guys. None of my friends like MMA and I have given up on trying to convince them. Instead I'm looking for new friends that already like MMA.

Gots some fights coming up close to you, Butler, IL. in June, Hit Squad guys will be there at Butler, Sept. and Dec. a new venue in Union, MO. The promoter is a friend of mine and he hopes to work something out with the guys at Hit Squad to get some fighters there, should be a real good card and a excellent time.:punch::punch::punch:

Chris F 04-18-2010 06:05 PM

Welcome,

I used to pastor a church in New Haven Missouri but now in Tulsa. I am sure you will find several locals here.

Silverback 04-18-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasRN (Post 111833)
Welcome! I'm in NC now but I used to live in a tiny little town outside of Poplar Bluff MO when I was a kid.

Being a girl, I have a hard time finding friends who like MMA but that's why I went to the gym here and started JJ classes. Now I have a whole group of friends who love and understand the sport. Of course most of them are guys but we are getting more girls into the sport here. :happydancing:

~Amy

Watch out for this one, she has a pistol, and she lets her BF play with it and he has never shot a gun.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

TexasRN 04-18-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback (Post 111839)
Watch out for this one, she has a pistol, and she lets her BF play with it and he has never shot a gun.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

He hasn't shot a gun YET...... I'll make him into a country boy before I'm done with him. :laugh:

~Amy

Bobby71 04-18-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback (Post 111835)
Gots some fights coming up close to you, Butler, IL. in June, Hit Squad guys will be there at Butler, Sept. and Dec. a new venue in Union, MO. The promoter is a friend of mine and he hopes to work something out with the guys at Hit Squad to get some fighters there, should be a real good card and a excellent time.:punch::punch::punch:

Thanks, maybe I'll look into that. Are you going to those fights?

TexasRN, I'm a nursing student myself, was a medic in the Army for a few years.