Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bristol Palin speaks out (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451)

Black Mamba 02-17-2009 05:18 PM

Bristol Palin speaks out

Bristol Palin, the 18-year-old daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, told Fox News in her first interiew since giving birth that she would like to be an advocate against teen pregnancy.

"Everyone should wait 10 years," Palin said. "I hope people learn from my story."

"It's so much easier if you're married, have a house and career. It's not a situation you want to strive for." (no duh :huh:, exactly what I've been saying on here for how long? )

The announcement of Bristol Palin's pregnancy made headlines last summer just days after Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., selected her mother as his running mate for the Republican presidential ticket. Bristol Palin gave birth to a son, Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston, on Dec. 28, 2008.

Bristol Palin knocked down speculation that her mother's political views played a role in her decision about how to handle the unexpected pregnancy. "It was my choice to have the baby," the 18 year old said. "It doesn't matter what my mom's views are on it. It was my decision."

Bristol Palin described to Fox's Greta Van Susteren the moment when she, her boyfriend, Levi Johnston, and another friend told her parents that she was pregnant. She described that moment as "harder than labor."

But this was not the only surprise Bristol Palin said she had for her mother, Alaska's youngest governor. She told Van Susteren she had only told her mother she was doing this national television interview - in which Van Susteren and crew flew to Alaska - one day prior to the taping.

Nevertheless, Governor Palin appeared at the interview, with baby Tripp in tow.

Palin, who backed an abstinence-only sex education program when she ran for governor in 2006, told Van Susteren to expect abstinence from all teenagers was "not realistic."

"Get beyond the ideal of abstinence," the 44 year old, new grandmother said. "Hey, life happens."

"Not the most ideal situation, certainly you make the most of it," said the governor.

Bristol Palin said she is getting help from many members of her family with raising the infant while continuing her studies. She told Van Susteren she has no immediate plans to marry Levi Johnson, who she described as a 'hands on Dad." Last year, there were reports that the couple would marry in the coming year.

"Eventually we'd like to get married," the young mother said. "We're focusing on getting through school though, getting a career going."

Van Susteren asked Palin, "If you and I were talking a year ago and I said, what do you think is going to happen in your life, what do you think you would have told me?"

Bristol Palin answered, "I honestly have no idea because I never would have thought I would have become a mom. And I never would have thought my mom was going to be chosen for vice president."

She is so lucky to have people helping her out. I know people her age with kids and marriage on their hands, and no one is helping them. Teens need to realize don't be so quick to grow up.

hizo64 02-17-2009 06:17 PM

Well thats good for her to use her "mistakes" as a learning tool for other young mothers-to-be. Bristol lucky though cause she has a wealthy family hepling her out, I have some ghetto friends that are dirt poor and rely on my taxes to provide them with food and housing....but thats another subject. Oh and kids, just rememeber "when in doubt, pull out".

Preach 02-17-2009 06:21 PM

I really do feel sorry for her. The media ran with this and made a example out of her.

atomdanger 02-18-2009 03:38 AM

Bristol Palin answered, "I honestly have no idea because I never would have thought I would have become a mom. "

I always love it when I hear teen moms say that stuff,
WTF did you think would happen having unprotected sex?

Hughes_GOAT 02-18-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hizo64
"when in doubt, pull out".

exactly