Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Obama's Inauguration............... (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45)

Jonlion 01-22-2009 06:26 PM

Obama's Inauguration...............

Unlike most of the civlised world, i dont think the sun shines from Obama's backside and there are many things i remain sceptical on.

However if he is half as good a President as he is an orator, then America is going to be ok!

I knows words and cheap and easy but his speech was amazing and even me, and i have refused to get caught up in all of this felt moved by what he was saying.

I truly hope for America he delivers on what he says and that his words of hope can be a reality and not one huge fabrication.

Oh and i loved the Reverend Lowery's little part, and that Poet should be sacked! Did anyone else think it was awful!

Llamafighter 01-22-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonlion
Unlike most of the civlised world, i dont think the sun shines from Obama's backside and there are many things i remain sceptical on.

However if he is half as good a President as he is an orator, then America is going to be ok!

I knows words and cheap and easy but his speech was amazing and even me, and i have refused to get caught up in all of this felt moved by what he was saying.

I truly hope for America he delivers on what he says and that his words of hope can be a reality and not one huge fabrication.

Oh and i loved the Reverend Lowery's little part, and that Poet should be sacked! Did anyone else think it was awful!

I thought Rev Rick Warren did a good job, as did the Benediction Minister. I really liked john Williams composition of "Simple Gifts" that is one of my favorite pieces and I thought it was great! I think had the poet let someone else read the poem it would have been more effective.
I thought the speech was good, and I'm just waiting to see what happens. I've never really watched the who ritual of Inaugaration Day, but as a history addict, I really found it interesting.
I'll admit that I got a little teary watchin Bush fly away in Marine 1.
I know a lot of peopel are skeptical, but you know what? we absolutely HAVE TO BE skeptical of our leaders.

We shall see...

Crisco 01-22-2009 06:44 PM

I got a few goose bumps listening to him here and there.

I really hope he does well.. I pray he does.

One thing I like about him is he has the ability to inspire patriotism something this country has lacked for many years.

The speech was moving.

Now Mr. President the world is watching... And if you turn out to be an actual communist I'll haunt your dreams forever.

Moose 01-22-2009 07:09 PM

I thought it was neat, and I'm glad we turned this particular page in our nation's history.

J.B. 01-22-2009 07:20 PM

Wait a minute, it is day 2 of Obama's Presidency, why do I still have to go to work? :censored:

No, seriously, Obama is not a communist, he is just a typical rockstar politician. He has already started floating to the center in some respects, and I think that we will find he does not make good on ALL his promises simply because many of them are unrealistic and not in tune with the American people. I think that some of the far left-wing ideologues in this country ARE communists, but Obama does not seem to me like he wants a full blown communist state, but only time will tell us how he chooses to lead our nation.

Lots of things get said during election years, but I think once he starts getting in the thick of things he will see that there are certain things he cannot CHANGE. I also think we will start to see more criticism of him, even from the left wing zealots.

Constant CHANGE is the one the thing that always remains the same. It will be interesting to see how much he actually "changes" this country.

rearnakedchoke 01-22-2009 07:22 PM

As a Canadian, I am very proud of you my American friends. Finally, you have elected someone of merit who can lead your great nation into the success that it deserves. For too long you have been lead by sub-par leaders with only themselves as their agenda. You now have a selfless leader who can bring his great values to the Capitol of your Nation. These next Eight Years under the watch of the Great Barack Obama, your country will flourish and be an example to the rest of the world how a country in the free-world should be run.

God Bless America

J.B. 01-22-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
As a Canadian, I am very proud of you my American friends. Finally, you have elected someone of merit who can lead your great nation into the success that it deserves. For too long you have been lead by sub-par leaders with only themselves as their agenda. You now have a selfless leader who can bring his great values to the Capitol of your Nation. These next Eight Years under the watch of the Great Barack Obama, your country will flourish and be an example to the rest of the world how a country in the free-world should be run.

God Bless America

:laugh:

Why does he have so much merit? This is DAY 2! :mellow:

Also, presidents only serve 4 years, he will only be serving 8 years IF he gets re-elected. NOBODY SHOULD BE SUGGESTING HIS RE-ELECTION ON THE SECOND DAY IN OFFICE.

Tyburn 01-22-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonlion

Do you know he had to do his vows again because the MC botched the wording? He had to be sworne in again, today :scared0015:

As for his speech...well..we know its hard times, what I want to know is HOW he plans on "Rebuilding America" I dont get to het up over speeches...I mean his Administration REPLACES an Administration which went by the name of "The New America For The Twenty First Century" and that was less then a decade ago.

I like the words...but I shall like the action better...and its just to early to see what he's going to do...when they tell me Obama has done something, rather then Obama has said something...I'll start to pat attention

Little word on the name Barack...Did you know thats a Biblical name? did you also know it has Jewish roots? Spelt slightly differently...as in spelt like the phonetics of the word...see Europeans would be tempted to say Ba-Rack...
but if you listen to the Americans they almost say B'Rack. Well one of the Early Judges of Israel was called Deborah...she was the first to bring the THREE roles of the Judge together...firstly Military prowess, Secondly Political Prowess, and thirdly, that of the Spiritual Advisor.

When she came up against the resistance of a superior army she formed a coalition with a guy called Barak. Together they did well, but originially Barak told her that he would not fight this army unless she and her forces would join with his, even then they were vastly outweighed. I just thought that was interesting...thought I'd share :)

NateR 01-22-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke

God Bless America

No offense, but this exactly the kind of crap that really annoys me about the Obama-worshippers.

To say that Obama is a great leader, when he hasn't actually had a chance to lead yet, is silly and maybe even a little delusional.

Three years from now, when the next election starts, we'll have a better idea if he is a successful leader or not. As for now, the jury is still out.

rearnakedchoke 01-22-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
:laugh:

Why does he have so much merit? This is DAY 2! :mellow:

Also, presidents only serve 4 years, he will only be serving 8 years IF he gets re-elected. NOBODY SHOULD BE SUGGESTING HIS RE-ELECTION ON THE SECOND DAY IN OFFICE.

Want to sig bet he gets a second term?