Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What is the strangest thing in your fridge? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4355)

DonnaMaria 02-15-2010 02:38 AM

What is the strangest thing in your fridge?

:laugh:

I have a Luna moth caterpillar that is ďwinteringĒ ( in a cocoon) in the crisper drawer in my refrigerator! My girls found it last fall. My neighbors son is going to grad school to be an entomologist ( bug guy ) and he gave the girls directions on how to have it hibernate in our fridge for the winter. And apparently in a few months we will pull it out and then, hopefully it hatch and become a Luna moth. Hopefully. Otherwise I will have had this bug taking up salad space for nothing! :angry:

Itís kind of gross and I have to make sure that I donít take it out when I am putting away the groceries! But it isnít the strangest thing that I have had in my fridge ever.

That honor goes to the bat that was once in my freezer. My uncle was over once to remove a bat that had flown into my basement! And it ended up biting him!:scared0011: Animal control told him to catch it and kill it and hold onto it until it could be tested for rabies! So he did! It was in my freezer for 2 weeks in a Shoprite bag until someone from the county came to pick it up!

I made the guy go and retrieve it! I wasnít touching it!!!!

Luckily for my uncle it wasn't rabid!

Neezar 02-15-2010 03:24 AM

Gross!!!!

:laugh:

MattHughesRocks 02-15-2010 03:32 AM

You win!

Chuck 02-15-2010 03:44 AM

I have a freezer full of frozen rats... Does that count?

MattHughesRocks 02-15-2010 03:49 AM

What is the matter with you people?!

VCURamFan 02-15-2010 03:53 AM

I think the "weirdest" thing I've got is mold. :blink:

DonnaMaria 02-15-2010 02:26 PM

No one else has anything funky in their fridge?!?

Oh I don't believe that for a minute!!!!!:angry:

Mac must have something strange.........

or definately DAVE!!!!!! Maybe some Spotted Dick!:w00t:
He has got to have something!!!!!!!

TexasRN 02-15-2010 02:36 PM

In the past I have been known to keep earthworms in the fridge. That's the weirdest thing and I haven't done that in many, many years. I guess I need to get a pole and take up fishing again.

~Amy

Twinsmama 02-15-2010 02:46 PM

I don't think it's weird but we had a deer head in the freezer for about a month until we could get it to the taxidermist. It was in a garbage bag not just sitting there staring at you everytime you opened the door to grab a steak!

My neighbor had a rattlesnake he caught behind my house in his freezer. He put it in there alive...i don't know why.

Mac 02-15-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnaMaria (Post 99765)
No one else has anything funky in their fridge?!?

Oh I don't believe that for a minute!!!!!:angry:

Mac must have something strange.........

or definately DAVE!!!!!! Maybe some Spotted Dick!:w00t:
He has got to have something!!!!!!!

LOL , something wierd , think of Mac lol.

Well im like twinsmama , Ive got a 12 point bucks head and hide in a trashbag in the deepfreeze right now , back when i coonhunted alot there would always be a trash bag of coonhides in there ever so often . Uhm tell ya what ,a ctually i think there ar 2 pheasants stuffed inside panty hose int hier right now waiting thier turn at the taxidermist also , the panty hose keeps the feathers down and flat .

So i guess there are some not so normal things in my freezer right now ,

a deer head , 2 pheasants and about 30 doves .

My mom works at a veterinary clinic sometimes when she isnt grooming dogs at the house and alot of times she will bring home vaccinations for her customers animals since alot of them are elderly and cant drive out of town to the veterinary office where she works . Shes not a vet , just a groomer but the vet clinics hire her to spend a day at thier clinic grooming thier customers animals . SO at any given time there are several different vaccines for dogs and horses in the butter drawer ha ha ha.