Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   2009 NBA All-Star Weekend (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421)

rockdawg21 02-15-2009 07:55 AM

2009 NBA All-Star Weekend

***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***

Did anybody catch the slam dunk competition tonight? That guy Nate Robinson's vertical is incredible! Reminds me a lot of Spub Webb's performance back in 1987. It was pretty cool of Dwight Howard to allow Nate to jump over him for his dunk, considering Dwight was his competitor. Great showing of sportsmanship by Dwight - Nate deserved the win with that dunk!

J.B. 02-15-2009 08:05 AM

Nate and Dwight looked awesome. Also cool that Rose won the skills challenge. :wink:

matthughesfan21 02-15-2009 04:50 PM

I thought Howard got robbed again...I understand Nate is lacking in height, but he vaulted himself over Dwight with a little help from the hand, and what the heck was with that dunk of his in the first round, jumping off someones back to dunk it, that is not hard at all, we did that in PE in junior high because we couldn't dunk normally...Looking forward to Lebron next year, if they have him, dwight, and robinson it could go down as one of the best dunk contests since MJ and Dominque

rockdawg21 02-16-2009 02:56 AM

I voted for Robinson but could have seen it go either way. The dunk where he jumped off that guy's back was only awarded 41 points which was the lowest score, but he was high enough after his first dunk it didn't matter. Yeah, he used a hand a little bit, how many 7-footers have you jumped over lately? :tongue0011:

Kinda reminds me of the dunk when Vince Carter jumped over that 7'2" guy in the Olympics a few years back.

matthughesfan21 02-16-2009 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I voted for Robinson but could have seen it go either way. The dunk where he jumped off that guy's back was only awarded 41 points which was the lowest score, but he was high enough after his first dunk it didn't matter. Yeah, he used a hand a little bit, how many 7-footers have you jumped over lately? :tongue0011:

Kinda reminds me of the dunk when Vince Carter jumped over that 7'2" guy in the Olympics a few years back.

41 points? bogus, thats not even a 25, any 5'1'' Jr High kid can do that...And he only advanced by 3 points, so it coulda been a huge difference

Chuck 02-16-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
41 points? bogus, thats not even a 25, any 5'1'' Jr High kid can do that...And he only advanced by 3 points, so it coulda been a huge difference

Well grab a video camera and show us how it's done Derek!! :Whistle:

matthughesfan21 02-16-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck
Well grab a video camera and show us how it's done Derek!! :Whistle:

haha I can do it, guarenteed, seriously, we did that all the time in junior high when we couldn't actually dunk yet, you get pretty high, like head over rim , maybe even with it

rockdawg21 02-16-2009 07:14 PM

Yeah, that dunk was lame, I actually thought that maybe he was going to do that to put his arm through the rim like Vince Carter did a few years back. I don't know if you saw the replay or not, but his head was closer to the rim without jumping off of his buddy's back.

J.B. 02-16-2009 07:30 PM

Kobe and Shaq sharing the MVP, lol

How cute...:laugh:

rearnakedchoke 02-17-2009 01:40 PM

What happened to H-O-R-S-E?

I thought they were having that too?