Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   File your taxes for free!!! (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420)

Chuck 02-15-2009 12:06 AM

File your taxes for free!!!

This feels like a cheesy infomercial or ad but I just finished doing my taxes and submitting them electronically for free.

I was pretty stoked.:)

I just went to Turbo Tax's website and poof! There it was.

Obviously I haven't gotten them back yet but the actual doing them and filing part was fast and free.

It would have been a lot faster if a certain someone wasn't talking my ear off on the phone!!! If I get audited it's go time!! :punch:

MattHughesRocks 02-15-2009 01:06 AM

It's only free for poor people Chuck :unsure-1:

And I promise to send bail money when they arrest you :)

lyndsey823 02-15-2009 01:07 AM

this is my second year doing both mine and my boyfriends on the Turbo Tax website, it's so easy!! but i made too much this year so i had to pay to file my federal taxes, so i was bummed! i did them about 10 days ago and we got our returns yesterday. too bad we both got IOU's for our state taxes, damn California!!!

MattHughesRocks 02-15-2009 01:11 AM

I wonder if the State of California would take an IOU from me :unsure-1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndsey823
this is my second year doing both mine and my boyfriends on the Turbo Tax website, it's so easy!! but i made too much this year so i had to pay to file my federal taxes, so i was bummed! i did them about 10 days ago and we got our returns yesterday. too bad we both got IOU's for our state taxes, damn California!!!

Chuck 02-15-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
It's only free for poor people Chuck :unsure-1:

And I promise to send bail money when they arrest you :)

OUCH!! Thanks for calling us poor... :blink:

Maybe you were having a blonde moment but I'm pretty sure it's free to anybody filing the 1040EZ, 1040A and the 1040. I don't believe income has anything to do with it.

But since ya got so much... care to hook a poor guy like me up with a little extra????? :D

MattHughesRocks 02-15-2009 01:15 AM

I'm not saying your "cash poor" I'm saying you got the write offs to get things I can't. :tongue0011:
And it does depend on how much you make because I've done my returns on Turbo Tax ( just didn't file them) and it was going to cost me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck
OUCH!! Thanks for calling us poor... :blink:

Maybe you were having a blonde moment but I'm pretty sure it's free to anybody filing the 1040EZ, 1040A and the 1040. I don't believe income has anything to do with it.

But since ya got so much... care to hook a poor guy like me up with a little extra????? :D

mikthehick 02-15-2009 02:20 AM

If ya want taxes done for free, have your parents do them ;)

Works for me......AND be a student then you'll get money back, but you'll owe it back 6 months after graduation....:whip:

rockdawg21 02-15-2009 07:56 AM

Yeah, I saw that advertised during the NBA All-Star Weekend's commericals. Don't know the details (or if there are any), but sounds pretty cool.