Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   MMA (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Affliction on spike (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42)

Crisco 01-22-2009 03:47 PM

Affliction on spike

Did anyone else catch the Affliction promo for Fedor vs AA pop up during prime time or unleashed on spike?

I was laughing my ass off thinking Dana had to be so mad.

CAVEMAN 01-22-2009 04:17 PM

I didn't catch it, but I'm sure Dana lost his mind! :laugh:

Llamafighter 01-22-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco
Did anyone else catch the Affliction promo for Fedor vs AA pop up during prime time or unleashed on spike?

I was laughing my ass off thinking Dana had to be so mad.

That is hilarious. I'm getting the PPV over at my buddies house (46 inch flat screen with surround sound). Anyone is welcome to come on over!

VCURamFan 01-22-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llamafighter
That is hilarious. I'm getting the PPV over at my buddies house (46 inch flat screen with surround sound). Anyone is welcome to come on over!

What's your address???:w00t:

Max 01-22-2009 04:49 PM

I dont think Dana really cares. Dana knows that Affliction is not going to challenge the UFC. In the end Dana will re-air Brock vs Randy and laugh when that gets more viewers than Affliction.

Llamafighter 01-22-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan
What's your address???:w00t:

It's in Queens if that's not too far a commute for ya Ben!

VCURamFan 01-22-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

It's in Queens if that's not too far a commute for ya Ben!

Hmmm, I think I could hitchhike my way up there by Saturday!:cool:

KevinD 01-22-2009 05:22 PM

I don't think Dana is too worried about Affliction. There is so much MMA and Boxing going on this month that the numbers for Affliction will be pretty low. They are shelling out millions just in fighter payroll for the event. Not sure how they will be able to sustain the company in the long run. Hopefully we see more great fighters coming over to the UFC.

Tyburn 01-22-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

:mellow: i'll come if you pay for my plane ticket :w00t:

rearnakedchoke 01-22-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max
I dont think Dana really cares. Dana knows that Affliction is not going to challenge the UFC. In the end Dana will re-air Brock vs Randy and laugh when that gets more viewers than Affliction.

I think they did that last year .. i am sure he does mind a bit as the affliction ads were sandwiched with the brock/couture ads ... i guess he figures that he has a relationship with spike and brings them a lot of viewers, the least they could do is refuse the affliction ads .. you know how dana thinks the world revolves around him ...