Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What have you watched recently? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3955)

NateR 01-04-2010 02:31 AM

What have you watched recently?

Just a generic thread for everyone to talk about what movies, TV programs, etc. that they have recently watched. This way we don't need a separate thread for every single show.

Tonight, me, Mark and Boomer went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. It was okay. I had trouble understanding half of what was being said by the main characters, but I'm not sure if that was a fault of the sound system or just the fact that British accents are normally pretty tough to understand.

Overall though the movie was pretty slow with not a whole lot exciting going on. I can't really recommend it.

philips4 01-04-2010 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR (Post 90957)
Just a generic thread for everyone to talk about what movies, TV programs, etc. that they have recently watched. This way we don't need a separate thread for every single show.

Tonight, me, Mark and Boomer went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. It was okay. I had trouble understanding half of what was being said by the main characters, but I'm not sure if that was a fault of the sound system or just the fact that British accents are normally pretty tough to understand.

Overall though the movie was pretty slow with not a whole lot exciting going on. I can't really recommend it.

I agree, I saw Sherlock Holmes and wasn't that impressed. I thought it was funny they used the term "ginger midget" to refer to the redhead though, is "ginger" a term used for redhead anywhere but on Southpark?

TENNESSEAN 01-04-2010 02:54 AM

If making a choice between Sherlock Holmes and Avatar, see Avatar. It is one that you should see in the theater and in 3D.

Mark 01-04-2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philips4 (Post 90958)
I agree, I saw Sherlock Holmes and wasn't that impressed. I thought it was funny they used the term "ginger midget" to refer to the redhead though, is "ginger" a term used for redhead anywhere but on Southpark?

Its nice that you watch the movies and then comment on them now.

philips4 01-04-2010 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 90970)
Its nice that you watch the movies and then comment on them now.

Huh? :unsure-1: Wasn't this thread to watch movies and comment on them? I'm confused and I'm not even blonde (with and "e" ha ha) I'm sure you are being ornery and a meanie to me but you crack me up anyway! :laugh:

MattHughesRocks 01-04-2010 03:26 AM

I think they wanted your "review" before they went and seen it that way it could have been avoided.BUT, my money would be on that they'd have went and seen it anyway so don't worry :laugh:

billwilliams70 01-04-2010 03:30 AM

I always watch "Man Vs Food", think that show's pretty cool. I'm lookin' forward to a few shows seasons premiers coming up soon.

Lost
LA Ink

Had no desire to see Sherlock Holmes, but I can't wait for "The Wolfman" with Sir Anthony Hopkins and Benecio Del Toro.....maybe philips4 can tell me how it is. :D

Later.

County Mike 01-04-2010 12:02 PM

It's the off-season for most TV shows so Kelli and I watched the first season of Dexter. We started watching during the 2nd season so now it's cool to go back and see what we missed. Very cool show.

We really like Sons of Anarchy. Can't wait for that to resume. Looking forward to Big Love and 24 to start back up in January as well.

timmyja 01-04-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by County Mike (Post 91014)
It's the off-season for most TV shows so Kelli and I watched the first season of Dexter. We started watching during the 2nd season so now it's cool to go back and see what we missed. Very cool show.

We really like Sons of Anarchy. Can't wait for that to resume. Looking forward to Big Love and 24 to start back up in January as well.

Dexter is a really cool show. I kind of had a feeling who the ice truck killer would be, but that show always ends up having a few good twists throughout the season

Llamafighter 01-04-2010 12:53 PM

This weekend I saw Public Enemies and Transformers 2. both decent movies that I enjoyed for the most part. Transformers had a lot of excitement, and i liked the storyline. Public Enemies as actually pretty boring but well acted.

Most the TV shows I follow are on break, but I got really hooked on Sons of Anarchy.