Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   MMA (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Will Gegard trump Sokoudjou (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3342)

Tyburn 11-03-2009 10:16 PM

Will Gegard trump Sokoudjou

:huh:

Its happening on the same strikeforce card as Fedor...and I dont know who will win :blink:

Josh 11-03-2009 10:51 PM

Moussasi will win it IMO. He is a really excellent fighter. Top five in the world.

Tyburn 11-03-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (Post 78221)
Moussasi will win it IMO. He is a really excellent fighter. Top five in the world.

how come he isnt in the UFC then?

I hear alot about him, and I've seen a highlight reel or two and I like what I see...but...if he's that good already...howcome Zuffa havent snapped him up :huh:

bj44 11-03-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn (Post 78223)
how come he isnt in the UFC then?

I hear alot about him, and I've seen a highlight reel or two and I like what I see...but...if he's that good already...howcome Zuffa havent snapped him up :huh:

He knocked out Babalu in the first round his last fight if you haven't seen it..... Um he has the same manager and trains at the same camp as Fedor so that's why

Soko has a punchers chance versus anyone though the guy is so explosive.....

Josh 11-05-2009 12:18 PM

Moussasi is much more well rounded . I would love to see him fight Anderson or Machida. He used to fight a HW so he would sure help the UFC HW div. out. Oh well.

rearnakedchoke 11-05-2009 01:25 PM

gegard is sick .. should make this look easy ... i like soakajew, but he needs to use his judo more to take people down and control fights rather than rely on his punching .. .

Crisco 11-05-2009 02:06 PM

Soko is overrated by a lot of people in my opinion.

He has the skills but he is a stupid fighter. He doesn't use his brain when he fights.

Gegard takes this fight in the first.

Max 11-05-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn (Post 78211)
:huh:

Its happening on the same strikeforce card as Fedor...and I dont know who will win :blink:

Ive you've ever seen Mousasi fight it should be an easy choice. He has beaten Kang, Manhoef, Jacaré, Hunt and Babalu and has finished them all. His last loss was to Akihiro Gono back in 2006.

The reason he is not in the UFC is because he wants to fight in DREAM and there is no way the UFC would let him do that, Strikeforce will.

Llamafighter 11-05-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max (Post 78528)
Ive you've ever seen Mousasi fight it should be an easy choice. He has beaten Kang, Manhoef, Jacaré, Hunt and Babalu and has finished them all. His last loss was to Akihiro Gono back in 2006.

The reason he is not in the UFC is because he wants to fight in DREAM and there is no way the UFC would let him do that, Strikeforce will.

he claims that they (UFC) has never offered him a contract. I think it's due to his limited US exposure and being connected to M-1

Max 11-05-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llamafighter (Post 78531)
he claims that they (UFC) has never offered him a contract. I think it's due to his limited US exposure and being connected to M-1

Im sure the M-1 thing is a big part. IF the UFC could have come to a deal with Fedor Im sure they would have signed Mousasi as well