Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   MMA (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Elvis Sinosic Talks About The Affliction Crash (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3145)

snakerattle79 10-16-2009 12:58 PM

Elvis Sinosic Talks About The Affliction Crash
 
http://www.punchdrunkgamer.com/compo...fliction-crash



Quote:

I write this opinion as a fan, a fighter and a coach. It was sad to see the demise of another big MMA organization. To see Affliction collapse was sad. As a fan I have now lost another opportunity watch MMA. I lost the opportunity to watch fighters that aren’t in the UFC. So I am left with less MMA and in my opinion that is disappointing. As a fighter it means one less show that I have the opportunity to fight in. This means one less avenue which allows me to earn a living (and for all other fighters as well). Sadly no one show will be able to give every fighter and opportunity. We need more shows to give the fighters more exposure and more opportunity to fight. As a coach it means one less show for my fighters to compete in. Sadly the demise has left a hole in the sport. Hopefully in time that hole will be filled by another organization. But even still it still means one less place to share my enjoyment of MMA.

Thanks,

Elvis Sinosic
The King of Rock ‘n Rumble

Sinosic Perosh Martial Arts


Spiritwalker 10-16-2009 02:29 PM

pretty accurate. That's what happens when you bank on a fighter rather than the sport..

though I really don't get why they folded, cause the last fight card would have been put off a bit to get a nother fighter to get in shape for Fedor.

Sure they lost some mad cash with the fight being out off.. but that also gave them time to market more and grab other fighters..

rearnakedchoke 10-16-2009 04:09 PM

I agree, but right now, mma is still in it's infantcy and it is a business ... the UFC has by far the most market share if you can call it that, but they are the ones who have done the most for the sport ... they are the ones that are going to the different athletic commissions and getting mma legalized in those markets, so they are going to fight tooth and nail to make the UFC the most watched (and eventually the only) promotion ... why lay the ground work so that some other company can come in and take your market share ... i think that the UFC is doing what is has to do to be the best, sure it may take away from the overall quality of cards etc, but hey they are the ones who made it so popular ...

Max 10-16-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritwalker (Post 74156)
pretty accurate. That's what happens when you bank on a fighter rather than the sport..

though I really don't get why they folded, cause the last fight card would have been put off a bit to get a nother fighter to get in shape for Fedor.

Sure they lost some mad cash with the fight being out off.. but that also gave them time to market more and grab other fighters..

Every card they put on lost money. I think they would have folded even if their last card would have happened.

KENTUCKYREDBONE 10-17-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max (Post 74200)
Every card they put on lost money. I think they would have folded even if their last card would have happened.

That's key! Every business needs to make a profit before they run out money! While I don't know where their money was coming from it would have helped if their fight cards would have at least paid for itself!

Crisco 10-20-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 74185)
I agree, but right now, mma is still in it's infantcy and it is a business ... the UFC has by far the most market share if you can call it that, but they are the ones who have done the most for the sport ... they are the ones that are going to the different athletic commissions and getting mma legalized in those markets, so they are going to fight tooth and nail to make the UFC the most watched (and eventually the only) promotion ... why lay the ground work so that some other company can come in and take your market share ... i think that the UFC is doing what is has to do to be the best, sure it may take away from the overall quality of cards etc, but hey they are the ones who made it so popular ...

I don't see a drop of in card quality there buddy.

I think with every fighter under the UFC banner you will do nothing but benefit. We will see every great fight we want to see because there wont be an co-promotion non-sense.

rearnakedchoke 10-20-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco (Post 74977)
I don't see a drop of in card quality there buddy.

I think with every fighter under the UFC banner you will do nothing but benefit. We will see every great fight we want to see because there wont be an co-promotion non-sense.

i don't know ... i mean, i have already noticed a drop in quality since the zuffa bought out pride ... at least there was some competition ... i think we would get more cards if it were just the UFC, just not as big ... i haven't really been compelled to purchase a ppv since 100 and that was ok ... i still get them, but i just am not itching to get them ..


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.