Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Nobody is talking about it . George vs BJ , did you see it ? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277)

Mac 02-06-2009 01:59 AM

Nobody is talking about it . George vs BJ , did you see it ?

I almost forgot myself. Noone is talking about it , and for one brief , BRIEF moment in that fight i was rooting for george , but it quickly faded.

If you go to about the 4 min mark in the 4th round , george is trying everything he can to put the finish on bj and cant get it done , so what does he do ? He takes a page from Matts book and isolates both of bjs arm and starts dropping punches and elbows. Its almost like a light went off in his head , " Hey , i know how he got beat the last time" and went right for it . BUTTTTTT He didnt do as good as Matt , george couldnt do it, or atleast couldnt get the win that way apparently.

EDIT: you know what , thinking back , i dont think i was rooting for george in that brief moment , i think i actually thought to myself " you unoriginal############" lol

NateR 02-06-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac
I almost forgot myself. Noone is talking about it , and for one brief , BRIEF moment in that fight i was rooting for george , but it quickly faded.

If you go to about the 4 min mark in the 4th round , george is trying everything he can to put the finish on bj and cant get it done , so what does he do ? He takes a page from Matts book and isolates both of bjs arm and starts dropping punches and elbows. Its almost like a light went off in his head , " Hey , i know how he got beat the last time" and went right for it . BUTTTTTT He didnt do as good as Matt , george couldnt do it, or atleast couldnt get the win that way apparently.

EDIT: you know what , thinking back , i dont think i was rooting for george in that brief moment , i think i actually thought to myself " you unoriginal############" lol

I thought, "He's 'Matt Hughes-ing' him," but, alas, GSP wasn't able to pull it off and the fight went on.

Llamafighter 02-06-2009 02:30 AM

Plus, GSP took 4 rounds to do what Matt did in 2:)

VCURamFan 02-06-2009 02:30 AM

Yeah, the whole bar was staring at me 'cause I was screaming "MATT HUGHES SIDE CONTROL, MATT HUGHES SIDE CONTROL!!!!" at the top of my lunges. The only reason that my buddies knew what I was talking about was because I had shown them BJ II & Newton II.

VCURamFan 02-06-2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Plus, GSP took 4 rounds to do what Matt did in 2:)

3. Matt finished BJ in the third.

ufcfan2 02-06-2009 02:31 AM

BJ is one tough cookie,now it been a different fight if he could of mounted any offense:rolleyes:

rockdawg21 02-06-2009 04:41 AM

It would also be easier for Matt to hold BJ in a crucifix because he's shorter than GSP.

NateR 02-06-2009 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdawg21
It would also be easier for Matt to hold BJ in a crucifix because he's shorter than GSP.

Matt's 5'9" and GSP is 5'10" so there's only a one-inch difference. BTW, BJ is also 5'9" even though he looks shorter because of that giant cranium.:laugh:

County Mike 02-06-2009 01:14 PM

I'm unoriginal too. I used it last night in practice. It's my favorite GnP position. I go for it whenever I get side control.

rockdawg21 02-06-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR
Matt's 5'9" and GSP is 5'10" so there's only a one-inch difference. BTW, BJ is also 5'9" even though he looks shorter because of that giant cranium.:laugh:

Oh, I was thinking there was a 2-inch difference, but yeah, that's right. Well, perhaps GSP had some Vaseline on his legs and that's why he couldn't hold BJ there. :laugh: