Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is BJ asking for a rematch? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259)

Hughes_GOAT 02-05-2009 05:37 AM

Is BJ asking for a rematch?

'All Mr. Penn wanted to have on Jan. 31 is a fair and just bout and he continues to seek a fair and just encounter with Georges St. Pierre'

this was from the letter sent to the NSAC

VCURamFan 02-05-2009 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
'All Mr. Penn wanted to have on Jan. 31 is a fair and just bout and he continues to seek a fair and just encounter with Georges St. Pierre'

this was from the letter sent to the NSAC

Ummmm...maybe? I think his management is trying to set it up, but who knows where BJ's head's at right now.:unsure-1:

flo 02-05-2009 06:45 AM

GSP has beat him twice, I don't think they'd give him another shot. It sounds like sour grapes to me. Sheesh, GSP kicked Matt TWICE in the, um, groin and Matt just went on with the fight. Now BJ is accusing GSP of being too lubricated? They do check that before the fighter enters the octagon, don't they?? I wish he would just accept his loss, I'm no expert but he looked absolutely gassed the last round.

Here's the latest, GSP hasn't commented yet...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...n-request.html

Hughes_GOAT 02-05-2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo
GSP has beat him twice, I don't think they'd give him another shot. It sounds like sour grapes to me. Sheesh, GSP kicked Matt TWICE in the, um, groin and Matt just went on with the fight. Now BJ is accusing GSP of being too lubricated? They do check that before the fighter enters the octagon, don't they?? I wish he would just accept his loss, I'm no expert but he looked absolutely gassed the last round.

Here's the latest, GSP hasn't commented yet...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...n-request.html

well in fairness, flo, GSP's corner was caught twice, rubbing vaseline on his chest, shoulders and back. they had to wipe it off twice. that won't get rid of the vaseline though. soap and water will. no one told Penn's corner until after the fight, that GSP was, in fact, using vaseline on his body.

and Matt has come out and said, i believe it was 2 years ago originally, that GSP felt greasy or slippery.

flo 02-05-2009 07:16 AM

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks. That is kind of discouraging, I didn't notice that during the fight (well, that's why I like to read the comments here - I wasn't on the forum that night). I thought GSP had too much integrity to try and get an unfair advantage that way.

Kinda changes things...

(Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of BJ Penn too. Which is why his letter to the NSAC surprised me.)

cds 02-05-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
well in fairness, flo, GSP's corner was caught twice, rubbing vaseline on his chest, shoulders and back. they had to wipe it off twice. that won't get rid of the vaseline though. soap and water will. no one told Penn's corner until after the fight, that GSP was, in fact, using vaseline on his body.

and Matt has come out and said, i believe it was 2 years ago originally, that GSP felt greasy or slippery.

Wiping Vaseline off with a towel is difficult when its cold, but put it on a human body and it warms up and becomes very thin and is easily wiped off with a towel.

Goat all your arguments are pure supposition based soley on your lack of knowledge in regards to:

1. how much if any Vaseline was applied to GSP's back( you are not Nurse and you do not know how much was still present on his hands....if any.)

2. How much if any was actually wiped off, unless you were actually there your argument holds no water.

Straight Right 02-05-2009 03:19 PM

Vasoline or not. Does BJ really expect the outcome to be any different if they squared off again? He is fighting outside of his natural weight and giving up 20-30 pounds of lean muscle mass to a guy that is getting better all the time. Even on the feet GSP was getting off first and landing at will. GSP is one of the only guys that can take BJ down, my guess is that isn't going to change. I don't want to see this fight a third time. BJ looked tired and slow at 170, well not even...at 168 lbs, he's 1-3 at welterweight. He should just stay at lightweight and be dominant there.

foggy 02-05-2009 03:25 PM

GSP says bring it on.

[1] http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/st-...-my-life-16065

I doubt anyone really wants to see that happen again though. In the later rounds I felt sorry for BJ. He was really taking a pummeling. It was like when Matt Hughes fought Gracie. At first I was thinking... man this is going to be a legendary bout... and then you just felt sorry for Gracie as the match unfolded and you saw that Matt outmuscled and outmatched Gracie in every way possible. Noone likes watching on-sided beatings. I felt the same way during Brock vs Couture.

Go back to 155 BJ. Or just quit. Looking back through BJ's record he's not even in GSP or Hughes league.

CAVEMAN 02-05-2009 04:17 PM

I do believe that there does need to be an investigation into the whole GSP/Vaseline thing. BUT, BJ needs to rethink about getting a rematch because I do believe the outcome would be the same. BJ was simply out of his league.

I'm just curious if Kos or Fitch has had any thing to say regarding the greasiness of GSP. Matt Serra, BJ, & Matt Hughes have all come forward with statements verifying the same thing. Which Serra and BJ's claims in my book, don't hold much weight, but to hear it from MH himself......well that puts a whole new spin on things. And I really had no idea that Matt had stated it before. I could see pride getting in the way for Serra and BJ, but MH.......NO! Does anyone knmow if there have been similar statements from Fitch or Kos?

Llamafighter 02-05-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foggy

Go back to 155 BJ. Or just quit. Looking back through BJ's record he's not even in GSP or Hughes league.

BJ's problem is his career is full of attempts to test himself at other weights.