Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Christianity (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Holy Name, Chicago (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244)

Tyburn 02-04-2009 04:54 PM

Holy Name, Chicago
 
:cry: I was hoping to visit this on my second States Tour...but there was a fire at the Cathedral this morning :sad:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...cathedral.html

Llamafighter 02-04-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn
:cry: I was hoping to visit this on my second States Tour...but there was a fire at the Cathedral this morning :sad:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...cathedral.html

Cheer up Dave! When you come to NYC we can do a tour of some of the oldest churches in the country!!

Tyburn 02-04-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Cheer up Dave! When you come to NYC we can do a tour of some of the oldest churches in the country!!

:w00t: There is one in NYC I want to visit as well...cant remember the name...might be Saint Thomas...let me just look it up :ninja:

Tyburn 02-04-2009 05:48 PM

:laugh: Nope, Saint John the Devine :ninja:

Supposed to be the biggest Anglican Cathedral on earth :scared0015:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHgkT9zsVu8 you simply must take me there :)

cubsfan47 02-10-2009 12:59 PM

If you are going to be in the Washington D.C. area then you must see this. Especially the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament.

Tyburn 02-10-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubsfan47
If you are going to be in the Washington D.C. area then you must see this. Especially the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament.

I see, would that be the Main Pontiffical for the Roman Catholic Church in the United States then?

I must see National because that is the Main Cathedra for the Anglican Church in the United States. I, myself am what you would call High Anglican.

But I dont mind visiting churches of the other Denominations, I heard about Holy Name in Chicago because it was supposed to be a very nice Pontiffical, and I heard about Saint John The Devine in New York because its the Largest Cathedra on the Planet (we are excluding Saint Peters Basilica in The Vatican State since that actually isnt limited to a single Hall but a complex of Buildings)


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.