Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Can You Pass the Latest U.S. Citizenship Test? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2188)

rockdawg21 07-04-2009 06:50 PM

Can You Pass the Latest U.S. Citizenship Test?

IMO, only 10% of the population would pass. We all seem to be pretty knowledgeable about U.S. History so I think from our pool of people, we will be a little better than average.

Anyways, here it goes:

0-20%: Maybe you're still thinking too much about the Old Country.

25-40%: Mmmm. Do you really want to be a citizen? This kind of performance isn't going to impress those nice immigration folks.

45-60%: Not too bad, but you really need to break out the civics books again -- word is, the INS is looking for an 80 percent score.

65-80%: Hey, you may make a good citizen yet! Look at your wrong answers and a little revision should do the trick.

85-100%:
Welcome to the United States! (And, truth be told, you know more about this great land than most Americans.)

My Score: 85%

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25461301/?GT1=43001

matthughesfan21 07-04-2009 07:04 PM

You answered 95% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

25-40%: Mmmm. Do you really want to be a citizen? This kind of performance isn't going to impress those nice immigration folks.

45-60%: Not too bad, but you really need to break out the civics books again -- word is, the INS is looking for an 80 percent score.

65-80%: Hey, you may make a good citizen yet! Look at your wrong answers and a little revision should do the trick.

85-100%: Welcome to the United States! (And, truth be told, you know more about this great land than most Americans.)

only missed 1...quite an easy test actually but i just finished american history 2 months ago, so its still fresh

13. The House of Representatives has how many voting members?

rockdawg21 07-04-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
You answered 95% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

85-100%: Welcome to the United States! (And, truth be told, you know more about this great land than most Americans.)

only missed 1...quite an easy test actually but i just finished american history 2 months ago, so its still fresh

Good stuff, but you're not supposed to share the answers! :tongue0011:

matthughesfan21 07-04-2009 07:25 PM

i edited it to take at the answer

Play The Man 07-04-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

You answered 100% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

:frantics:

Chris F 07-04-2009 07:44 PM

I got 95 % I did not know who Susan B was. With a Masters degree in History I would hope I would know better.

rockdawg21 07-04-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris F
I got 95 % I did not know who Susan B was. With a Masters degree in History I would hope I would know better.

It's ok. She really wasn't very important.:laugh:

Chris F 07-04-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdawg21
It's ok. She really wasn't very important.:laugh:

Must not have been because apart from her getting a dollar coin I have never heard of her. I could say more but that would give the answer away.:laugh:

NateR 07-04-2009 07:57 PM

95% for me as well, I only missed #16, the question about who takes over if the President and Vice President can't serve. I knew that one too, but I second guessed myself at the last minute. :ashamed:

Chris F 07-04-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR
95% for me as well, I only missed #16, the question about who takes over if the President and Vice President can't serve. I knew that one too, but I second guessed myself at the last minute. :ashamed:

Lets hope Obama and Biden stay alive their entire term. :wink: