Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rampage Jackson Accused of Killing a Fetus (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2100)

Chuck 06-25-2009 10:12 PM

Rampage Jackson Accused of Killing a Fetus

Posted Jun 25th 2009 9:40AM by TMZ Staff

The pregnant woman caught in the wake of "Rampage" Jackson's crazy monster truck chase last year claims the UFC star caused "the stillbirth of her baby" when he rammed into her car.

Holli Griggs filed a lawsuit against Rampage in Orange County, California -- claiming he repeatedly rammed into her car "so he could escape and flee the scene (hit and run)." Griggs says "the impact of her abdomen with the steering wheel caused her amniotic fluid membranes (bag of waters) to rupture, ultimately resulting in the stillbirth of her baby."

FYI -- Rampage was never charged in relation to the death after an investigation revealed that the miscarriage was unrelated to the accident.

Griggs filed the suit anyway, claiming Rampage owes her more than $25k for property damage, personal injury and emotional distress

matthughesfan21 06-25-2009 10:16 PM

it was medically determined not to have an effect, i hope she doesn't get a dime,i'm tired of these (emotional distress) lawsuits...emotional distress? so if I called you a poopy head, you could claim emotional distress and sue me, give me a break

J.B. 06-25-2009 10:19 PM

Yeah... it's so crazy that a person would sue a rich celebrity when they smash into their car while running from the cops....:wacko:

matthughesfan21 06-25-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Yeah... it's so crazy that a person would sue a rich celebrity when they smash into their car while running from the cops....:wacko:

i guarantee she already got the insurance money...so just because he was running from the cops means she is entitled to extra damages? BS, this country is so sue-happy it makes me sick

David_Banner 06-25-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
it was medically determined not to have an effect, i hope she doesn't get a dime,i'm tired of these (emotional distress) lawsuits...emotional distress? so if I called you a poopy head, you could claim emotional distress and sue me, give me a break

No, but if you called me a poopy head and then started ramming my car with your F-250 I could...

matthughesfan21 06-25-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_Banner
No, but if you called me a poopy head and then started ramming my car with your F-250 I could...

if its true that he was ramming her repeatedly, there may be somewhat of an argument...but back when this all happened, i just remember seeing it as, he hit her once and that was it

J.B. 06-25-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

i guarantee she already got the insurance money...so just because he was running from the cops means she is entitled to extra damages? BS, this country is so sue-happy it makes me sick

Dude, he was a madman on a LITERAL "rampage".

He purposely put other peoples lives at risk, and he should be punished. Plain and simple. I'm sure the UFC's lawyers will get him out of any jail time, which he deserves.

Why do so many people make excuses for his actions?

David_Banner 06-25-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

if its true that he was ramming her repeatedly, there may be somewhat of an argument...but back when this all happened, i just remember seeing it as, he hit her once and that was it

Thats all I remember hearing as well. I was just making a point, calling someone a poopy head is not the same thing as ramming them with your car/truck.

David_Banner 06-25-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

He purposely put other peoples lives at risk, and he should be punished. Plain and simple. I'm sure the UFC's lawyers will get him out of any jail time, which he deserves.

I agree. I love Quintin but what he did goes well beyond insane, and he put peoples lives in danger. At the end of the day, he must answer for that.

matthughesfan21 06-25-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

I don't take his side, on the old boards, i was one of them criticizing him...All i am saying, is what makes this woman deserving of all that, didn't he hit other people as well?