Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Matt Hughes vs Mike Swick @ 103? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2070)

atomdanger 06-23-2009 11:13 PM

Matt Hughes vs Mike Swick @ 103?
 
I know I haven't heard anything official,
but on the UG, and a bunch of websites its rumored at UFC 103.

I think this fight would be great, and I see Matt taking it,
I don't think Swick could KO him, and when Matt got ahold of him I think he would just be too strong for Swick to work with.

logrus 06-23-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomdanger
I know I haven't heard anything official,
but on the UG, and a bunch of websites its rumored at UFC 103.

I think this fight would be great, and I see Matt taking it,
I don't think Swick could KO him, and when Matt got ahold of him I think he would just be too strong for Swick to work with.

Swick could do it, its just getting the chance. Hughes wrestling and freakish strength would be far to much for Swick to overcome/.

Liddellfan 06-23-2009 11:20 PM

If this is ture, I believe that Swick is in way over his head. He is improving with every fight but I just don't think he is ready for the top of the division and the skill and strength of Matt Hughes.

bj44 06-24-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liddellfan
If this is ture, I believe that Swick is in way over his head. He is improving with every fight but I just don't think he is ready for the top of the division and the skill and strength of Matt Hughes.

hes a step up from matt serra though... I dont have any problem with this fight..

rockdawg21 06-24-2009 01:27 AM

I like it, good fight for both guys.

David_Banner 06-24-2009 01:41 AM

A very painful fight to watch..

I think Swicks speed and striking could play a huge factor. That said, Matts insanely underrated/insanely under-used striking would easily nullify Swicks advantage here. Couple that with Matts strength as well as his wrestling and this could and would be a fight for the ages. Awesome fight.

rearnakedchoke 06-24-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj44
hes a step up from matt serra though... I dont have any problem with this fight..

i don't think he is a step up from serra really ... not giving serra too much credit, but i think he takes out swick ... but matt should get the winner of the fitch/thiago fight .. when is that again? 100?

adamt 06-24-2009 01:48 PM

I have only one question..... WHY? What good is it to matt? Beating swick half to death would probably not get him any closer to title contention, it wouldn't settle any scores, avenge any losses, and if they are considering a title shot down the road, matt should have some awesome fights or wins over awesome people.

Maybe hallman will come to the ufc and matt could beat the snot out of him.

Or jake shields could come to the ufc and matt could dare him to try a guillotine on him LOL Somehow it is hard to choke out a guy with matt's neck.

Maybe a catchweight fight....

Just someone that could potentially be a champion now or someday, ....which is not swick.

Llamafighter 06-24-2009 03:21 PM

Matt vs Fitch would be a much better fight. The problem is the UFC owes Swick a fight with a top 10 guy and when you rule out the guys Swick is teammates with it only leaves a fw choices. I'd give him Condit or maybe even Hardy (I think that would be a step up from Saunders). Matt Hughes should get winner of Fitch and Thiago, or GSP and Alves. He just beat a former champ who was one loss out of the title and lost to #1 contender and the champ. He's # 3 or #4 in that division. I'd love to see Matt beat up Kos, too.

Chris F 06-24-2009 03:22 PM

I would like to see this as well. But I'd like to see a revenge fight more.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.