Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ultimate Fighter (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   THoughts on TUF (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2040)

VCURamFan 06-20-2009 02:30 PM

THoughts on TUF

OK, so I've only watch 2 episodes this year, so as I sit here at "work" (weekend guy in a leasing office) I've got tons of free time to sit back & watch the marathon on Justin.tv. I'll finally get to watch all of Bisping's douchebaggery!!!

VCURamFan 06-20-2009 03:00 PM

OK, so I slept through the English trials (hurrah!!), but I'm tuning into the US now.

-Miller/Knab: pretty f'ed up if Dana chose to put the teammates against each other. I mean, if it was just a ratings thing, then it would have worked better later in the season after we got to see what good buddies.
-Richie/Paul: I hate guys who talk about "Once that cage door closes, I can legally do whatever I want." Guys like that are still thinking of the UFC Dark Ages, not of the athletic competition that it really is.
-Lowe/Defranco: Man, after looking thoroughly craptastic the first round, Defranco turned it up in that 2nd round. If he's that close to quitting in a prelim fight, though, how's he going to handle an elimination bought against the UK?
-Berger/Pierce: Woo-hoo?
-Dollar/Hayden: Nice comeback, but not certain he'l ldo too much for Team USA
-Johnson/Elbe: "I'm here to get paid & hurt people's feelings". :laugh: I remember liking DJ The first time I heard that. Elbe's MT is pretty obvious. Standing straight up, lotsa kicks, oooo lead elbow! Wow, MT guy goes for the TD? Prolly not the best idea against a Jeremy Horn disciple!! :laugh: Nice elbows from mount, good control while Elbe tries to shuck him off. Great finish, Elbe looks like he got run over.

O man, I completely forgot that Mini-Browning was on for an episode. Faaaaaaaantastic.

VCURamFan 06-20-2009 03:45 PM

So far I think I'm going to like Ross Pearson, Andre Winner & Demarques Johnson.

Pretty bummed that Keil didn't make it, I would have loved to have a Miletich & Horn fighter working together.

Tyburn 06-20-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan
OK, so I've only watch 2 episodes this year, so as I sit here at "work" (weekend guy in a leasing office) I've got tons of free time to sit back & watch the marathon on Justin.tv. I'll finally get to watch all of Bisping's douchebaggery!!!

...and yet you never respond to my PMs :cry:

Did that make you feel bad :ninja:

:laugh: :laugh:

VCURamFan 06-20-2009 04:20 PM

Haha "He's the toughest guy on our team, hands down!" Setting him up to fail & make UK look good, huh editors?

VCURamFan 06-20-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn
...and yet you never respond to my PMs :cry:

Did that make you feel bad :ninja:

:laugh: :laugh:

No, I was going to post a video response, but my camera's fugged up again, so I couldn't. By the time I got it working, it'd been too long, so I just decided to forget it.

Answer me this, though, Dave: if you challenge me to a football (i.e. soccer) match, & I show up & play an American football game, do I win the match if I score more touchdowns? Nope. If I don't play by the rules, I either lose outright (like you did), or I'll get DQed, which also counts as a loss. Just because you're not smart enough to check the rules doesn't mean you have t oabide by them.

Tell yourself what ever you like, Dave, but you lost & I won.

VCURamFan 06-20-2009 04:32 PM

As for the pranking going on right now, I think it's within acceptable limits...for now. They're not yet going into private spaces or destroying property, just "decorating" it a bit. As long as it stay at this at this level & doesn't escalate too much beyond this, I think we'll be good.

VCURamFan 06-20-2009 04:49 PM

Good first round, very back & forth. A lot of fun to watch.

VCURamFan 06-20-2009 04:57 PM

Nice head kick on to end that fight. Both guys were tired.

VCURamFan 06-20-2009 05:08 PM

Winner/Defranco is going to be a pretty easy win for UK. Santino seems to lack a bit of heart. Even Dan's not confident in him "he could win."