Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Anyone else think Mccain is wrong? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1992)

Crisco 06-16-2009 04:30 PM

Anyone else think Mccain is wrong?

Mccain keeps calling for Obama to speak out but honestly it is better for us to stay out of it.

If they plan a coup lets give them weapons there is no need for us to openly say anything. Obama should keep his mouth shut and let the Iranians fight it out.

America is not highly respected in that region and putting our force behind Mousavi will only add fuel to the fire of the clerics.

Obama is doing the right thing by not commiting.

Llamafighter 06-16-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco
Mccain keeps calling for Obama to speak out but honestly it is better for us to stay out of it.

If they plan a coup lets give them weapons there is no need for us to openly say anything. Obama should keep his mouth shut and let the Iranians fight it out.

America is not highly respected in that region and putting our force behind Mousavi will only add fuel to the fire of the clerics.

Obama is doing the right thing by not commiting.

I think the coup will happen with or without our support.

Crisco 06-16-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llamafighter
I think the coup will happen with or without our support.

Oh but it would be so much more fun if we helped :wink: :laugh:

rockdawg21 06-16-2009 05:29 PM

Ugh, we have no business there, let them fight it out.

WAR IRANIAN CITIZENS!!!!!!!!!

NateR 06-16-2009 05:29 PM

If Reagan or Bush were president, then I'd say 'yes' that they should say something. However, with the ineptitude that Obama has shown so far on foreign policy, I think it's best if he just keeps his mouth shut and lets the adults work this out. :laugh:

Crisco 06-16-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR
If Reagan or Bush were president, then I'd say 'yes' that they should say something. However, with the ineptitude that Obama has shown so far on foreign policy, I think it's best if he just keeps his mouth shut and lets the adults work this out. :laugh:

But what exactly do you think Reagan or Bush could have said that would have made a difference for the better?

VCURamFan 06-16-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

But what exactly do you think Reagan or Bush could have said that would have made a difference for the better?

Something along the lines of "Whup is @$$, Sea Bass!!!"

Crisco 06-16-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Something along the lines of "Whup is @$$, Sea Bass!!!"

That would be epic.

logrus 06-16-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Which Bush lol

Crisco 06-16-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logrus
Which Bush lol

I'll rephrase.

What could any U.S. President say that would have a positive impact.