Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dan Hardy says Thanks (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1979)

Tyburn 06-15-2009 02:00 PM

Dan Hardy says Thanks

Can anyone tell me what Actions he's talking about of Marcus Davis after the fight? I didnt see anything on the PPV...:ninja:

"Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their support over the past few weeks, all of the messages go a long way to keeping you motivated when training camp is tough. My team, as always, did a great job in getting me ready for UFC 99 and I cant thank them enough. Nathan Leverton, Owen Comrie, Jim Wallhead and all the boys at Rough House. Ollie Richardson and Sonny Dholakia, for getting me in shape. My guys in LA, Eddie Bravo and the 10th Planet guys, Freddie Roach and the Wildcard gym, Shawn Guttridge and all the Legends MMA guys.

My family and Elizabeth, thank you for putting up with me and always showing their love and support. To all of my fans, particularly the ‘Party Hardy’ guys for the chaos they caused! To my sponsors for investing in me and helping me train full time and compete at the top level, and to the UFC for giving me the opportunity to live my dream.

I would also like the thank Marcus, his team and all of his fans. Sure, there is no love lost between us, but he is one tough dude. There is something about trading punches for fifteen minutes that makes you respect a guy. I know he isn’t happy with the fight and still angry at the things said beforehand, that is understandable. It was a close fight and he was in the shape of his life for it, respect for that.

There has been a lot of talk on the forums since the fight and its great to see so many people enjoyed the show. He is getting a lot of heat for his actions after the fight, but remember he has put on eleven solid performances in the UFC now and deserves everyone’s respect."

:huh:

Crisco 06-15-2009 02:04 PM

Well he is 100% correct about Davis. dude definately deserves love.

Llamafighter 06-15-2009 02:06 PM

Dan went to make ammends afterwards and Marcus turned away from him. ON UFC.com the vid showed hardy go to Marcus' dressing room to shake his hand and tell him "good fight" and all marcus did was say how he really won the fight. Obviously Marcus was still really ticked off.

David_Banner 06-15-2009 02:20 PM

I just dont get the really nasty slander. He went after Davis hard in the press, calling him everything from a poser to a gatekeeper. You just can't forget any of that stuff was said. This will be a great rematch.

Tyburn 06-15-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_Banner
I just dont get the really nasty slander. He went after Davis hard in the press, calling him everything from a poser to a gatekeeper. You just can't forget any of that stuff was said. This will be a great rematch.

Well...Marcus Davis is not Irish, thats the thing that bothers Dan Hardy. He might have an Irish Hereditry, but he comes out in a Kilt, and with an Irish flag, and he is quietly classed as a European/British Fighter...when he is an American.

I didnt realize that Marcus was such a sore loser to rubuff Dan Hardy twice after he lost. It was close, but the third round sealed Davis into defeat without a doubt.

It wont change a thing, because technically speaking, Hardy is right. Taxonomically, Marcus Davis is not European, not even close, whether he has heratage and a nickname or not. Thats just fact...its a common trait amoung americans because their own culture lacks history for them to announce that their Hereditry (which they all have because few are native to the land pre European conquest) is actually their nationality, and its simply not True.

Thats like me claiming to be scottish just because my surname is Duff. Sure, My Grandfather was Scottish, so I have a hereditry in Scot Nobility to be precise, but I would never pass myself off as being a Scot, and I would only wear my Clans Tartan at an important occasion. Infact, to date I have never worn the Kilt...I might do for the first time next year at my Sisters Wedding...but that reflects Family Tradition, not my nationality.

Hardy is right, and he backed it up, and Marcus Davis should have reacted better.

Llamafighter 06-15-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn
Well...Marcus Davis is not Irish, thats the thing that bothers Dan Hardy. He might have an Irish Hereditry, but he comes out in a Kilt, and with an Irish flag, and he is quietly classed as a European/British Fighter...when he is an American.

I didnt realize that Marcus was such a sore loser to rubuff Dan Hardy twice after he lost. It was close, but the third round sealed Davis into defeat without a doubt.

It wont change a thing, because technically speaking, Hardy is right. Taxonomically, Marcus Davis is not European, not even close, whether he has heratage and a nickname or not. Thats just fact...its a common trait amoung americans because their own culture lacks history for them to announce that their Hereditry (which they all have because few are native to the land pre European conquest) is actually their nationality, and its simply not True.

Thats like me claiming to be scottish just because my surname is Duff. Sure, My Grandfather was Scottish, so I have a hereditry in Scot Nobility to be precise, but I would never pass myself off as being a Scot, and I would only wear my Clans Tartan at an important occasion. Infact, to date I have never worn the Kilt...I might do for the first time next year at my Sisters Wedding...but that reflects Family Tradition, not my nationality.

Hardy is right, and he backed it up, and Marcus Davis should have reacted better.

Actually Dan Hardy said none of these things REALLLY bothered him he only said them to draw marcus into a fight that Marcus didn't really need to take. The things he said were what they were and I'm sure they would piss me off too, but at the end of the day who cares what some punk mohawked englishman think of you. They should rematch because it was a pretty good fight.

Hughes_GOAT 06-15-2009 05:32 PM

let's hope this trend continues and we have guys call out Mexican fighters, who aren't really Mexican.

Hughes_GOAT 06-15-2009 05:35 PM

and when i read the thread title, i was expecting Hardy to thank the judges who gave him a gift!

rockdawg21 06-15-2009 05:35 PM

:funny:

IMO, Davis controlled that fight until the last round where Hardy bloodied his nose. I felt Davis was robbed, but I could see how the refs would have titled as it was Hardy who finished strong.

Tyburn 06-15-2009 05:44 PM

wow just a bunch of sore losers :laugh: