Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ultimate Fighter (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   4 HW on TUF 10 are former NFL players (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1874)

atomdanger 06-05-2009 12:04 AM

4 HW on TUF 10 are former NFL players

According to ESPN, four of the sixteen heavyweights on TUF 10 are former NFL players.

WTF?!?!

That is pretty odd don't you think? I hope Kimbo has TDD

J.B. 06-05-2009 12:12 AM

None of them really did anything in the NFL.

atomdanger 06-05-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
None of them really did anything in the NFL.

Well they got there.

Certainly they can tackle Kimbo

J.B. 06-05-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomdanger
Well they got there.

Sure, they got there, but I'm just saying that none of them really amounted to anything. The only one of them who was even a first round pick or actually did anything was Marcus Jones who had one really good season with the Bucs, not to mention that was 9 years ago and he is 35 now. Between the other three guys they played a total of 12 games, and Brendan Schaub never actually played in the NFL.

As for tackling Kimbo, I'm sure they can too. I just think it goes without saying that tackling a guy in full-pads and helmet is much different than taking a guy down in a fight.

rockdawg21 06-05-2009 01:13 AM

Don't forget, Kimbo was also a college football player.

What's the big deal about the 4 guys being former NFL players? I went to college with some guys who made the NFL just on the practice squad. You can be sure you would NOT want to mess with those guys. NFL players, even on the bottom end, are "finely tuned athletic machines". No doubt, they could make the transition if properly trained. They may have been wrestlers or boxers in high school too.

tHeFlOpSaYsFoLd 06-05-2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomdanger
Well they got there.

LOL at pushing someone down!:punch:

KENTUCKYREDBONE 06-05-2009 07:09 AM

Maybe just maybe the NFL background give them some money to hire trainers! I don't know but either way I'm willing to give them a chance to prove themselfs!

County Mike 06-05-2009 11:42 AM

I hope season 10 isn't going to be an old man's show. We want the young, up and coming fighters. Not guys who washed out of other sports so now they want to try MMA.

Josh 06-05-2009 02:53 PM

That's kinda strange but I guess people who are gifted at sports generally pick up another sport quickly. Hit Squad has a former NFL player.

J.B. 06-05-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by County Mike
I hope season 10 isn't going to be an old man's show. We want the young, up and coming fighters. Not guys who washed out of other sports so now they want to try MMA.

Brendan Schaub is only 27