Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Brian Stann vs Krzysztof Soszynski For UFC 97 (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18)

Country Breakfast 01-21-2009 11:33 PM

Brian Stann vs Krzysztof Soszynski For UFC 97

A bout between former WEC light heavyweight champion Brian Stann and season eight veteran of The Ultimate Fighter Krzysztof Soszynski is scheduled to take place at UFC 97 on April 18 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec.

MMAjunkie.com first reported on Tuesday that the matchup was possible and FiveOuncesOfPain.com has since confirmed from a source close to the fight that an agreement for the bout is set.

Stann has not competed since losing his title to Steve Cantwell at WEC 35 this past August. Despite having previously beaten Cantwell, Stann lost the rematch when he was TKO’d at 4:01 of round 2. The defeat marked the first of his career and dropped his record to 6-1.

Soszynski is 16-8-1 and is a former IFL standout. He made his formal UFC debut during the live finale for TUF 8 last month, where he submitted Shane Primm with a Kimura at 3:27 of round 2.

VCURamFan 01-22-2009 01:01 AM

This should be a brawl. Both like to bang. As much as I like Krystof, I like Stann will KO him in 2. Krystof's got that funny hand position when he's striking & Brian's much cleaner & more traditional.

Mac 01-22-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Country Breakfast
A bout between former WEC light heavyweight champion Brian Stann and season eight veteran of The Ultimate Fighter Krzysztof Soszynski is scheduled to take place at UFC 97 on April 18 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec.

MMAjunkie.com first reported on Tuesday that the matchup was possible and FiveOuncesOfPain.com has since confirmed from a source close to the fight that an agreement for the bout is set.

Stann has not competed since losing his title to Steve Cantwell at WEC 35 this past August. Despite having previously beaten Cantwell, Stann lost the rematch when he was TKO’d at 4:01 of round 2. The defeat marked the first of his career and dropped his record to 6-1.

Soszynski is 16-8-1 and is a former IFL standout. He made his formal UFC debut during the live finale for TUF 8 last month, where he submitted Shane Primm with a Kimura at 3:27 of round 2.

I think this will be a very exciting fight . Hope Stann takes it.

Hughes_GOAT 01-22-2009 01:12 AM

WEC for the win

Spiritwalker 01-22-2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan
This should be a brawl. Both like to bang. As much as I like Krystof, I like Stann will KO him in 2. Krystof's got that funny hand position when he's striking & Brian's much cleaner & more traditional.

completely agree.... I said the same about his hands when I saw him in his first TUF fight.. it's just "weird".

Jeff Crow 01-22-2009 02:51 AM

AS much as I like Stann, I hope he has improved is all around fight game. He is a good banger, but he didn't have much else in his arsenal. If it goes to the ground, there is a good chance he could get subbed. Hopefully he as worked on his JJ though.

VCURamFan 01-22-2009 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Crow
AS much as I like Stann, I hope he has improved is all around fight game. He is a good banger, but he didn't have much else in his arsenal. If it goes to the ground, there is a good chance he could get subbed. Hopefully he as worked on his JJ though.

True, but Krystof's jits isn't too remarkable, either. He won by kimura on the Finale, but that armbar he got in quarter-finals was crappy.

Primadawn 01-22-2009 12:14 PM

I'm thinking good thoughts for Stann, who I've always liked. Was bummed to see him lose the title, though I like Cantwell too..

Should be a good match. I'd like to see Krystof get humiliated..:punch:

VCURamFan 01-22-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primadawn
I'm thinking good thoughts for Stann, who I've always liked. Was bummed to see him lose the title, though I like Cantwell too..

Should be a good match. I'd like to see Krystof get humiliated..:punch:

I like 'em both, so I'm just hoping to see a good back-and-forth.

Tyburn 01-22-2009 06:43 PM

:blink: I dont know Brian Stann :unsure: