Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   MMA (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Affliction Rumors (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161)

TheConcretekid 01-30-2009 12:50 PM

Affliction Rumors

So MMALogic claims that Affliction's next show is going to be there last.

Michael Rome states that a source at UFC informed him that Lorenzo was contacted by Affliction and that they were looking for a "beneficial" way out.

Atencio now denies these claims and said the next will be in three or four months from now. This show will almost certainly be Fedor Barnett.

I'm hoping this wil be there last show, and then the EliteXC guys get released, and Zuffa can pick up some Japanese fighters, and then we can have then best fighters in the world actually be able to fight each other!

Llamafighter 01-30-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
So MMALogic claims that Affliction's next show is going to be there last.

Michael Rome states that a source at UFC informed him that Lorenzo was contacted by Affliction and that they were looking for a "beneficial" way out.

Atencio now denies these claims and said the next will be in three or four months from now. This show will almost certainly be Fedor Barnett.

I'm hoping this wil be there last show, and then the EliteXC guys get released, and Zuffa can pick up some Japanese fighters, and then we can have then best fighters in the world actually be able to fight each other!

My fear is that if Affliction closes shop we'll never see Fedor fight on U.S. soil (or worthy competition)again.

hizo64 01-30-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llamafighter
My fear is that if Affliction closes shop we'll never see Fedor fight on U.S. soil (or worthy competition)again.

:scared0011: man I wish Dana wasn't such an ego maniac!

MattHughesRocks 01-30-2009 05:20 PM

I don't get why they don't just scale it down a bit.Don't put it in such big venues ( did you notice all the empty seats) and don't charge as much for the tix.Maybe even lower the price of the PPV just a little. I think all those things would make the generate more money. When you go charging more then the UFC for a freakin' tshirt bad things are bound to happen.

Spiritwalker 01-30-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hizo64
:scared0011: man I wish Dana wasn't such an ego maniac!

Why does wanting to stay the "600lb gorilla" such a bad thing?

It's not a UFC issue, it's an Affiliction issue.

Bas and Kenny in Inside MMA (which is a fun show more than an industry show), always say the same thing..

Stop trying to start out as the UFC.. Start small and then build.. Worst case.. you end up like WEC... and they aren't doing bad now.. even better since Zuffa bought them.

MattHughesRocks 01-30-2009 07:03 PM

The UFC wasnt the UFC over night. You can't go from selling tshirts to the UFC over night either :laugh:

Preach 01-30-2009 07:14 PM

WAR UFC over night UFC in just a night UFC that is actually Affliction over night

MattHughesRocks 01-30-2009 07:18 PM

:blink: Go back to bed.
Penn is going to get hi sass kicked by the way sweetheart :biggrin-1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preach
WAR UFC over night UFC in just a night UFC that is actually Affliction over night

Preach 01-30-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
:blink: Go back to bed.
Penn is going to get hi sass kicked by the way sweetheart :biggrin-1:

Your the one dreaming there California Sunshine

hizo64 01-30-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Why does wanting to stay the "600lb gorilla" such a bad thing?

It's not a UFC issue, it's an Affiliction issue.

Bas and Kenny in Inside MMA (which is a fun show more than an industry show), always say the same thing..

Stop trying to start out as the UFC.. Start small and then build.. Worst case.. you end up like WEC... and they aren't doing bad now.. even better since Zuffa bought them.

Im not talking about building a business, I know he busted his arse over a long time time to build to what it is today. i just wish Dana would get a little flexible and bring fedor to the UFC. That way we could have super fights like Couture vs Fedor, and fights like that.