Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Shane Carwin's First Test (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156)

rockdawg21 01-29-2009 06:24 PM

Shane Carwin's First Test

Was just going through the UFC events and saw that UFC 96 will have Shane Carwin facing Gabriel Gonzaga. I'm very interested in seeing this fight as Carwin is 10-0 without facing tremendous talent, but has really destroyed his opponents. It'll be interesting to see how well he will do against Zags.

Llamafighter 01-29-2009 07:23 PM

Interesting matchup. I wonder if Zags, jits will neutralize Carwin's wrestling. The standup will be pretty interesting too.

rearnakedchoke 01-29-2009 07:31 PM

this will be a good fight .. don't know who i am pulling for .. maybe carwin as i don't want to see zaga runnin up to the camera if he wins .. LOL

Llamafighter 01-29-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
this will be a good fight .. don't know who i am pulling for .. maybe carwin as i don't want to see zaga runnin up to the camera if he wins .. LOL

I will always hold a grudge against Zaga for what he did to Crocop.
Randy will lay down the perfect gameplan to beat his @$$.
I'm going with Carwin vis 2nd rd TKO!

ufcfan2 01-29-2009 07:36 PM

I think it depends on which GG shows up on fight night. 3 matches that I'm pumped up for(GG v. Carwin,lyota v. Thiago, and BJ v. GSP)..I'll be rootin for GG even though he KO'd my boy CC.

rockdawg21 01-29-2009 07:55 PM

Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing. I'm not too excited about any of the upcoming PPV matchups except GSP/Penn, Machida/Silva, Stevenson/Sanchez, and Gonzaga/Carwin.

It's time to see if Carwin is the real deal or not. If he gets by Gonzaga, I'd say expect to see him get 2 more big matchups and if he wins, get a shot at Brock (yes, because Brock will still be the champ by that time) :tongue0011:

rearnakedchoke 01-29-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing. I'm not too excited about any of the upcoming PPV matchups except GSP/Penn, Machida/Silva, Stevenson/Sanchez, and Gonzaga/Carwin.

It's time to see if Carwin is the real deal or not. If he gets by Gonzaga, I'd say expect to see him get 2 more big matchups and if he wins, get a shot at Brock (yes, because Brock will still be the champ by that time) :tongue0011:

is daddy/dirty ppv or free .. i thought it was gonna be free, i guess it is ppv ...

rockdawg21 01-29-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
is daddy/dirty ppv or free .. i thought it was gonna be free, i guess it is ppv ...

It's the main event for UFC 93. I love the fight, but hardly a main event for a PPV in my opinion. I think I'll wait until I find it for free on a torrent search, lol

Jason 16 01-29-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Was just going through the UFC events and saw that UFC 96 will have Shane Carwin facing Gabriel Gonzaga. I'm very interested in seeing this fight as Carwin is 10-0 without facing tremendous talent, but has really destroyed his opponents. It'll be interesting to see how well he will do against Zags.

THANK GOD ive been saying Carwin could be a top ten HW and they keep giveing him cans and Ive been waiting for something like this to happen . Ill sig bet carwin tko round 2

Josh 01-29-2009 10:11 PM

Carwin could win it. Good fight.