Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Obama's Oval Office Hypocrisy (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154)

rockdawg21 01-29-2009 04:52 PM

Obama's Oval Office Hypocrisy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Milloy of JunkScience.com

Obama's Oval Office Hypocrisy
By Steven Milloy, JunkScience.com
January 29, 2009

The New York Times reported this morning that,

The capital flew into a bit of a tizzy when, on his first full day in the White House, President Obama was photographed in the Oval Office without his suit jacket. There was, however, a logical explanation: Mr. Obama, who hates the cold, had cranked up the thermostat.

"He's from Hawaii, O.K.?" said Mr. Obama's senior adviser, David Axelrod, who occupies the small but strategically located office next door to his boss. "He likes it warm. You could grow orchids in there."

Could this be the same Barack Obama who said last May that,

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times... and then just expect that other countries are going to say "OK"... That's not leadership. That's not going to happen."

And could this be the same Barack Obama who is looking to sign a stimulus bill that would spend billions of dollars installing millions "smart meters" that would enable your power company to prevent you from being as comfortable as Bambi on hot and cold days?

While Bambi is warm-and-toasty in the Oval Office, is he considering the plight of Michigan's Marvin Schur, a 93-year World War II veteran, who was recently found frozen to death courtesy of a malfunctioning electricity "limiter" device installed by his power company?

Change has come to Washington. Elitism is dead. Long live elitism.

Nice to know our President is nice and toasty while a war veteran, a person who's actually ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING for our country, froze to death in his own home. Reminds me of Al Gore and his very large utility bill.

NateR 01-29-2009 05:18 PM

It's the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. I've gotten used to this kind of thing from Democratic leaders.

rearnakedchoke 01-29-2009 05:36 PM

Hey Nate, I thought all this negativity about any US president wasn't going to be allowed to be posted or tolerated? I know you said that it wasn't .. If someone was making threads like this about GWB they would have been erased ...

rockdawg21 01-29-2009 05:55 PM

It's not negativity. He positively is a hypocrite!

NateR 01-29-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Hey Nate, I thought all this negativity about any US president wasn't going to be allowed to be posted or tolerated? I know you said that it wasn't .. If someone was making threads like this about GWB they would have been erased ...

It's the title of the actual article and I never said that negativity wouldn't be allowed, just obvious cases of slander or libel. In other words, Obama cranking up the heat for the Oval Office, while telling Americans that they can't be allowed to keep their homes heated to 72 degrees all the time, IS hypocrisy, that's just reporting the facts and illustrating that Obama's words and his actions don't always match up.

Jonlion 01-29-2009 07:19 PM

I have got to say that this is an unfair thing to pull on the man.

He likes to be warm in his office, fair enough, im sure you all want the best conditions for the man in charge of running the country.

To then put this by the WW2 Veteran freezing to death is a little emotive. Its a terrible thing to happen but im sure that this thing that malfunction wasnt Obama's fault.

Was it Obama's direct policy that meant this man had this limiter?

Where was his family or friends, if he was incapicitated is there no homecare to ensure he doesnt freeze.

I just think this is a long call to call Obama a president.

Looks like throwing dirt to me when unwarrented.

Jonlion 01-29-2009 07:24 PM

Well whislt i think its tough to criticise him for this, missing the Ball for people collecting Medals of Honour is pretty scandalous.

I will say these preening celebreties that have posistioned themselves by Obama like sycoophantic pigs annoy the hell out of me.

I usually lose a lot of time for any entertainers who get involved in politics from a distance, Bono, Chrism Martin, Madonna, De Caprio, do what you are good at and leave political statements to people that know and are serious about it!

Crisco 01-29-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR
It's the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. I've gotten used to this kind of thing from Democratic leaders.

And you haven't done the same with republican leaders aswell?

Politicians are all dirty. Thats why they are politicians.

rearnakedchoke 01-29-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco
And you haven't done the same with republican leaders aswell?

Politicians are all dirty. Thats why they are politicians.

No Dubya is solely responsible for hundreds of thousands of iraqi deaths and thousands of US Soldier deaths but that is ok ... Obama is indirectly (but probably not even) responsible for a frozen vet and he is a beast .. LOL ... love how the republican's love to skew things ...

rockdawg21 01-29-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonlion
I have got to say that this is an unfair thing to pull on the man.

He likes to be warm in his office, fair enough, im sure you all want the best conditions for the man in charge of running the country.

To then put this by the WW2 Veteran freezing to death is a little emotive. Its a terrible thing to happen but im sure that this thing that malfunction wasnt Obama's fault.

Was it Obama's direct policy that meant this man had this limiter?

Where was his family or friends, if he was incapicitated is there no homecare to ensure he doesnt freeze.

I just think this is a long call to call Obama a president.

Looks like throwing dirt to me when unwarrented.

I haven't any problems with the guy being warm, we all should be. However, Obama currently wants to pass legislation that does to every house and business in the U.S., exactly what happened to this old man - puts a limiter on their energy output. Meanwhile, Obama will have a nice cozy office while his energy legislation will force businesses to limit energy expenditures, thus, decreasing productivity (studies have proven productivity in certain temperature ranges) and people to freeze (to death in some cases) in their homes.

Furthermore, there was no malfunction of the machine. It did its' purpose - turning off the energy to the guy's house while the temperature was well below freezing outside.

Really, forget about the guy who died. Obama deliberately says we can't keep our homes at 72, yet he has the temperature well above 72. That's hypocrisy and as our President, he should be leading by example.