Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Obama the Movie, LOL (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148)

rockdawg21 01-29-2009 02:22 AM

Obama the Movie, LOL

Oh man. Our savior, I mean, Obama is getting his own movie because he's accomplished so much:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/182003&gt1=43002

I knew it would be casting, but already? Good grief.

MattHughesRocks 01-29-2009 03:16 AM

It's 2009 and we finally have an African American president. If that's not a huge accomplishment I don't know what is. I'd hate to see what your going to act like once a woman becomes president :blink:

VCURamFan 01-29-2009 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
It's 2009 and we finally have an African American president. If that's not a huge accomplishment I don't know what is. I'd hate to see what your going to act like once a woman becomes president :blink:

Yes, but that is an accomplishment for the country, to come from segregation to a black president in only 50 years is fantastic. Obama barely played a roll in the overall storyline of overcoming racism. What has Obama himself accomplished to warrant, at this point, a movie?

Primadawn 01-29-2009 04:08 AM

I hope it's a musical!:frantics:

rockdawg21 01-29-2009 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks

It's not as if HE was the one who accomplished it. WE voted and the majority chose HIM. It was an accomplishment of Americans (albeit, with the influence of the media) not Obama. I think it's awesome we have a [half] African-American for a President. I'd of been happy if Hilary Clinton would have won (well, not really), but throw the race factor out of the equation, I didn't make any statement about that until you opened it.

My point is, the man is treated like he's some sort of world savior, yet, even as a Senator of Illinois, what has he accomplished? What has he accomplished that warrants a movie about him? Don't you think it would make sense to have a movie about him after he actually does something?

kyle 01-29-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdawg21
My point is, the man is treated like he's some sort of world savior, yet, even as a Senator of Illinois, what has he accomplished? What has he accomplished that warrants a movie about him? Don't you think it would make sense to have a movie about him after he actually does something?

I could not have said it better my self dawg As far as him as a senator he hasn't done anything for Illinois......Heck he's been running for president the hole time he was senator (atleast since 2004 DNC)

MLK has done more for the segregation and the black race than Obama
but regardless it still is an accomplishment so I'm sure we will see hundreds of other movies that will tell the story of the chosen one:scared0015:

Neezar 01-29-2009 05:11 AM

I won't celebrate until we get a Chinese prez. :laugh:

j/k

War Black President. I just wished it had been Colin Powell. :w00t:

kyle 01-29-2009 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neezar
I won't celebrate until we get a Chinese prez. :laugh:

j/k

War Black President. I just wished it had been Colin Powell. :w00t:

I rather have Condoleezza Rice......that way the feminist can be happy too:laugh:

bradwright 01-29-2009 05:45 AM

its really not about Obama at all,,its about what he represents ,,
even thought i'm a Canadian(i know some of you BJ fans might have figured that out already)i'm very happy with your choice as President not only for America but for the world as well,,also even though i dont consider myself to be an overly religious man i feel that for the first time in my life God is smiling down on us,,that in my opinion is why there will be a movie sometime in the near future not because of his name but because of his race.
and as far as Americas choice i'm not happy because he is black but i think he is the right man for the job and the tension around the world might just ease up for a while.

NateR 01-29-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradwright
also even though i dont consider myself to be an overly religious man i feel that for the first time in my life God is smiling down on us,,

Well, Obama is sending American taxpayers' money to fund abortions in other countries. I highly doubt GOD is smiling at anyone who supports the murder of unborn children.