Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Return of Floyd Mayweather Jr. (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468)

J.B. 05-02-2009 09:25 PM

The Return of Floyd Mayweather Jr.

On July 18, Floyd Mayweather Jr. will make his return to the ring to face off against Juan Manuel Marquez. This is pretty much a tune-up fight for Floyd as he obviously has his sites set on Pac-Man later this year.

Boxing is definitely getting interesting in 09. :)

logrus 05-02-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
On July 18, Floyd Mayweather Jr. will make his return to the ring to face off against Juan Manuel Marquez. This is pretty much a tune-up fight for Floyd as he obviously has his sites set on Pac-Man later this year.

I don't know what I hate worse, Floyd or the fact every time he fights the announcers go on and on about his hit%.

atomdanger 05-02-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Yeah.... well... the winner of Pacman/Hitman right?
So... Pacman.

Miss Foxy 05-02-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Oh hell to the no! Wasnt the winner of tonights fight supposed to face Marquez?!! Ugggg...:unsure-1:

J.B. 05-03-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logrus
I don't know what I hate worse, Floyd or the fact every time he fights the announcers go on and on about his hit%.

Haters gon hate! :wink:

Hughes_GOAT 05-03-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Oh hell to the no! Wasnt the winner of tonights fight supposed to face Marquez?!! Ugggg...:unsure-1:

Pacman doesn't want Marquez!

Miss Foxy 05-03-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Pacman doesn't want Marquez!

Damn right he don't!!

J.B. 05-03-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomdanger
Yeah.... well... the winner of Pacman/Hitman right?
So... Pacman.

Well, Mayweather already stopped Hatton convincingly so I don't really see the point in that rematch. The moneymaker is definitely PBF vs Pac-Man, so I would imagine that is the fight they would push for either way, unless the unthinkable happens and Hatton completely destroys Manny.

logrus 05-03-2009 02:23 AM

Quote:

Haters gon hate! :wink:

Naa its just annoying that another boxer will throw 32 punches and land 16, and Floyd will throw 8 and land 8 and we have to hear about his 8/8 100% clinic of a round.

J.B. 05-03-2009 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logrus
Naa its just annoying that another boxer will throw 32 punches and land 16, and Floyd will throw 8 and land 8 and we have to hear about his 8/8 100% clinic of a round.

Thats not a very fair judgment IMO. I am at work right now, so I don't have time for any long winded diatribes at the moment. :laugh: