Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Obama the spending machine (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1435)

rockdawg21 04-30-2009 06:38 PM

Obama the spending machine

From the GOP newsletter. Just like the Texas GOP's bumper sticker says, "Obama for change? That's all you'll have left in your pockets!"

Quote:

Barack Obama just completed his third prime time press conference touting the “change” he is bringing to America.

But during Obama’s first 100 days in the Oval Office, Americans have learned what the Democrats’ promise of “change” really means -- an assault on capitalism, free enterprise and fiscal responsibility. The policies coming from the Obama White House and the Democrat controlled Congress represent some of the most reckless spending, taxing and borrowing America has ever seen.

These first 100 days of total Democrat control of the federal government provides a frightening glimpse of what a “changed America” has to look forward to: trillions in debt owed to foreign creditors like China, the nationalization of our banks and auto industry soon to be followed by the health care system, and individual liberties sacrificed at the altar of collectivism.

Brett, the arrogance of power and irresponsible spending displayed by Obama and the Democrats in the past 100 days is astounding:

* A $787 billion stimulus bill full of pork-barrel spending and the loophole allowing millions of dollars in bonuses for AIG executives;
* $410 billion in spending on the 2009 omnibus bill; and,
* A $3.6 TRILLION budget blueprint that results in a $9 TRILLION deficit.

In all, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have spent more in the Obama Administration’s first 100 days than all previous presidents combined. Is this the “change” America voted for? I don’t think so.

CAVEMAN 04-30-2009 08:39 PM

AND to top that all off, FOX news reported that Obama was given an approval rating by 65% of the American public on his first 100 days in office! What the hell is wrong with people????

Crisco 04-30-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
AND to top that all off, FOX news reported that Obama was given an approval rating by 65% of the American public on his first 100 days in office! What the hell is wrong with people????

and it's fox too.

rockdawg21 04-30-2009 09:02 PM

Just another reason why there's lots of talk about Texas seceeding from the Union.

CAVEMAN 04-30-2009 09:48 PM

So are people just that stupid to believe this administration has done great things for this country?

OR

Do they not care?

Miss Foxy 04-30-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

So are people just that stupid to believe this administration has done great things for this country?

OR

Do they not care?

I don't think they are necessarily stupid I think some people are really ignorant about politics. I know I am no expert politician, but I look at the whole picture. I think some people just don't know any better. Thats on both sides of the agenda.

ufcfan2 04-30-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco
and it's fox too.

:laugh:

Well not like Bush was a economic wizard neither :) What happened to the 350 billion dollar stimulas package he gave,nobody knows what happened to it :)
I think both parties need to be readjusted as one is no more better than the other imo. I hate political discussions as much as I hate religious discussions ppl get very heated and defensive of their religion/political alliances.

rockdawg21 04-30-2009 09:58 PM

Anybody using 1% of their brain could have seen this coming from Obama's speeches. Unfortunately, the media paints a pretty picture and people think this man is a savior.

rearnakedchoke 05-01-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

is 65%good?

xSubmission 05-01-2009 02:42 AM

Who is this Obama guy i keep hearing about???