Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   AS Not training Franklin for Wandy? lol (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1406)

atomdanger 04-28-2009 10:15 PM

AS Not training Franklin for Wandy? lol

mmamania.com

Quote:

The ’sources close’ to Anderson Silva apparently never told him …

… that he would help prepare former two-time foe, Rich Franklin, for his upcoming fight against his old Chute Boxe training partner, Wanderlei Silva, at UFC 99: “The Comeback” on June 13, according to Tatame.com:

“He didn’t said any word to me about it, but he’s gonna face a Brazilian, so it’s hard that something will happen. I don’t have anything against Franklin either Wanderlei, both are great fighters. In other situation, I’d train with him, for sure. My gym is open for everyone. Whoever goes there can have classes and I won’t have any problems if he decides to go there, that’s the sports’ globalization.”

That was fast. It’s not an outright denial, but his way of answering the question is interesting. Either the “Spider” is playing dumb to try and distance himself from training an American for a fight against a popular Brazilian fighter, performing damage control so his feud with the “Axe Murder” doesn’t hit Defcon 1 or there really are no concrete plans for “Ace” to enlist his services. The plot thickens … you decide.
Interesting...
Gotta wonder what is going on there????
I wonder why Rich would say he was going to work with AS when AS claims to not know about it.

bj44 04-28-2009 10:30 PM

Brazilians have alot of national pride i doubt he would do this

I remember filho would not train with chuck against wandy even though he hates wanderlei...

Crisco 04-28-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomdanger
mmamania.com

Interesting...
Gotta wonder what is going on there????
I wonder why Rich would say he was going to work with AS when AS claims to not know about it.

anyone have a quote of Rich saying he is doing it?

Krupp 04-29-2009 12:46 AM

I'm glad to hear this. It gives Wandy a little bit more of a chance to win. I am relieved.

atomdanger 04-29-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj44
Brazilians have alot of national pride i doubt he would do this

I remember filho would not train with chuck against wandy even though he hates wanderlei...

yeah, they also don't translate well or something.

I remember Filho was like "I'm not a whore" or something?

it was pretty funny

xSubmission 04-29-2009 10:01 PM

The Brazilians like to keep the belts in Brazil. I dont think AS will train Franklin. To do so would be blasphemy

Crisco 04-29-2009 10:09 PM

Screw the Brazilians. I hope we take every belt they have.

VCURamFan 04-29-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xSubmission
The Brazilians like to keep the belts in Brazil. I dont think AS will train Franklin. To do so would be blasphemy

Right, that's why the Nogs have moved to the US & why Silva's moved to the US & why a ton of the Gracies live in Cali...so they can keep all the belts in Brazil.:blink:

xSubmission 04-29-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco
Screw the Brazilians. I hope we take every belt they have.

Haha me too.....They bother me most at the BJJ tournaments. When a brazilian guy is grappling and his instructor is yelling/coaching at him in portuguese its rather annoying >:O

Crisco 04-29-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Right, that's why the Nogs have moved to the US & why Silva's moved to the US & why a ton of the Gracies live in Cali...so they can keep all the belts in Brazil.:blink:

It's more ment keep the belt in brazilian hands not really the actual location of the belt.

And that is the mentality I spoke to Royler Gracie about it a couple weeks ago.