Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   "Global Warming" (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1347)

Crisco 04-23-2009 02:40 PM

"Global Warming"
 
Do they know when this melting is suppose to occur? and what states would likely be under water?

It's unavoidable that it will happne because it's a natural occurance but I'd like to know if I should look to buy property inland or if I would be ok for the next 100-200 years.

lol

Discuss.

County Mike 04-23-2009 02:49 PM

Won't happen in your lifetime or even your great-great-grandchildrens.

Crisco 04-23-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by County Mike
Won't happen in your lifetime or even your great-great-grandchildrens.

Sweet

Llamafighter 04-23-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco
Sweet

So break out the aquanet!

Buzzard 04-23-2009 10:42 PM

While I believe that mankind has had a negative effect on our planet, I haven't seen enough scientific evidence to lead me to believe that we are in the crisis that the politicians say we are in.

rockdawg21 04-23-2009 11:08 PM

Watch an Inconvenient Truth. Al Gore has all the answers in it. And pay attention to how many time he says "IF". Drives me freaking nuts.

Tyburn 04-26-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco
Do they know when this melting is suppose to occur? and what states would likely be under water?

It's unavoidable that it will happne because it's a natural occurance but I'd like to know if I should look to buy property inland or if I would be ok for the next 100-200 years.

lol

Discuss.

It happens very slowly over time. In your life time the worst your likely to see if flooding in coastal cities.

But dont go park yourself in a river flood plaine...and preferably avoid places below sea level...just in case. :laugh:

rockdawg21 04-26-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn
It happens very slowly over time. In your life time the worst your likely to see if flooding in coastal cities.

But dont go park yourself in a river flood plaine...and preferably avoid places below sea level...just in case. :laugh:

So, if I live in New Orleans and something gives the potential of a flood, say, a large hurricane, I should avoid it? What a concept!

Tyburn 04-26-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdawg21
So, if I live in New Orleans and something gives the potential of a flood, say, a large hurricane, I should avoid it? What a concept!

yes...its not rocket science.

If the sea level rises...strangley enough, you dont want to find yourself on the coast, river flood plaines, or anywhere inland below the current sea level.

:rolleyes:

Hughes_GOAT 04-27-2009 12:04 AM

you're good til 2012


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.