Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WAR Machida!!!! (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124)

Spiritwalker 01-27-2009 02:42 AM

WAR Machida!!!!

WAR Machida!!!!

Lyoto is going for his 14th straight win.. as is Silva ..

Statistics
Height: 6 ft 1in (1.85 m)
Weight: 205 lb (93 kg)
Nationality:Brazilian
Born:May 30, 1978 (age 29)
Fighting out of :Belem, Brazil
Fighting style:Shotokan Karate
Wins: 13
Losses: 0

Anderson Silva claims the 205-pound title belongs to Lyoto Machida

“[Fighting at 205 pounds] is an experience we are doing for several reasons, and one of them is a request from Dana White…. I don’t have a desire to fight in this category and am only doing it because I was asked and I think I can. I have no desire to dispute this belt because Lyoto has already proven that it belongs to him. I am taking this fight because I like to fight and I like the challenges.”

mmayou.com: Which of the new generation of fighters do you enjoy watching?

Royce Gracie: Man, the last two fights that I saw and I watched and I told everybody, “that was a school on strategy” was Lyoto Machida against Tito Ortiz and BJ Penn when he fought in the same UFC. Man that was a school in strategy. Both of them! BJ Penn and Lyoto man. The fighters that they fought, they’re very tough, they’re very good, they’ve been in the top game for a while but those two just pulled out strategy man. A lot of people don’t use strategy, they just come in and duke it out, be a tough… But those two on that night they showed strategy. That was a school in strategy right there. I appreciate that.

"Lyoto" Machida KO Rich "Ace" Franklin

BJ Penn VS Lyoto Machida

http://lyotomachida.net/Lyoto_Machida/Videos.html

Lyoto Carvalho Machida (born May 30, 1978) is a Brazilian professional mixed martial arts fighter. Son of a Japanese-Brazilian Shotokan Karate master Yoshizo Machida (町田 嘉三, Machida Yoshizō?), Lyoto is a rising star in MMA, having secured victories over former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Tito Ortiz, Rich Franklin, B.J. Penn and Stephan Bonnar. He is currently ranked as the #4 light heavyweight fighter in the world by Sherdog.[1]

Machida is noted for his semi-orthodox fighting style. As a karate practitioner, Machida uses an unorthodox (or southpaw) stance.[2]

Machida formerly fought out of Black House with such fighters as UFC Middleweight champion Anderson Silva, former UFC Light Heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort, and former PRIDE FC and former UFC Interim Heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

Machida's last fight was a victory against Tito Ortiz at UFC 84 on May 24th, 2008.

http://lyotomachida.net/Lyoto_Machid...icture%203.png

Country Breakfast 01-27-2009 02:47 AM

WAR Machida.....
but, I hope Silva wins cuz I like rooting for the underdogs.:laugh:

Llamafighter 01-27-2009 03:35 AM

WAR MACHIDA!!!!!!!
I think he gets the KO in round 1.

Primadawn 01-27-2009 10:51 AM

WAR MACHIDA!!!!

TheConcretekid 01-27-2009 02:28 PM

GSP = Kyokushin Karate
GSP = One of the greatet, dynamic and exciting mixed martia artist walking this planet

Lyoto = Shotokan Karate
Lyoto = Boring

I'm not saying Kyokushin > Shotokan, I'm saying there is a way to make Karate in MMA... not suicidially boring

Llamafighter 01-27-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
GSP = Kyokushin Karate
GSP = One of the greatet, dynamic and exciting mixed martia artist walking this planet

Lyoto = Shotokan Karate
Lyoto = Boring

I'm not saying Kyokushin > Shotokan, I'm saying there is a way to make Karate in MMA... not suicidially boring

I don't find machida's style that boring at all. Plus, Georges is about as far removed from that style of Karate as you can get. He's pure MMA now. Machida still actually uses his Shotokan style.

Spiritwalker 01-27-2009 03:24 PM

Define Irony =

Kyokushin - Very Hard sparing.. no gear.. but NO kicks or punches to the face.. GSPs last fight with Baby Jay springs to mind...

Shotokan - Training partners are encouraged to make controlled and focused contact with their opponent, but to withdraw their attack as soon as surface contact has been madeThis allows a full range of target areas to be attacked (including punches and kicks to the face, head, throat, and body) with no padding or protective gloves, but maintains a degree of safety for the participants.

In general, many consider Shotokan to be more "sport" karate than other forms yet Lyoto has made his work in full MMA

lc87 01-28-2009 04:43 PM

Ill be rooting for thiago. One of my buddies that comes and watches the fights with us loves lyoto so in spite of him im going to root against him.

Llamafighter 01-28-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lc87
Ill be rooting for thiago. One of my buddies that comes and watches the fights with us loves lyoto so in spite of him im going to root against him.

I see Thiago getting frustrated and making a fight ending mistake. probably in the second at 3 minute mark!

County Mike 01-28-2009 05:52 PM

War Silva!