Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Forum Musicians? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1234)

J.B. 04-14-2009 09:42 PM

Forum Musicians?

Who plays what?

Let's start a Matt Hughes Forum E-Band :)

I play every instrument known to man except for Rusty Trombone.

Seriously though, who likes to jam?

VCURamFan 04-14-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Who plays what?

Let's start a Matt Hughes Forum E-Band :)

I play every instrument known to man except for Rusty Trombone.

Seriously though, who likes to jam?

Well, I play the actual trombone. Matter of fact, I have a concert tomorrow night if anyone wants to rush over!:laugh:

J.B. 04-14-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Well, I play the actual trombone. Matter of fact, I have a concert tomorrow night if anyone wants to rush over!:laugh:

actual trombone > rusty trombone

I would come watch if that were geographically fesable :laugh:

Do you play in college? Are you a music major?

VCURamFan 04-14-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
actual trombone > rusty trombone

I would come watch if that were geographically fesable :laugh:

Do you play in college? Are you a music major?

Yeah, I'm in the University concert band. I was originally a Music Ed major, but I felt God calling me to the ministry, so I switched to Philosophy but kept the music as a minor.

J.B. 04-14-2009 09:58 PM

Good for you, I hope you achieve that path. :)

I was originally a music major when I went to college but I just found that a music degree was not going to get me anywhere I wanted to be, so I opted for Audio Engineering and went to a good recording college. Which is funny now because I probably would have made more money sticking with the music degree. :laugh:

Either way, I am sure we can use the actual trombone in the Matt Hughes E-Band.:happydancing:

Primadawn 04-14-2009 11:42 PM

I played the clarinet for 10 years...(hey this one time...at band camp...)..I can also pick around on the piano a bit...play a mean kazoo and sing some nasty karaoke! :happydancing:

Miss Foxy 04-14-2009 11:43 PM

I was a hand bell ringer. Yes, handbells.. I also can play drums.

VCURamFan 04-15-2009 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primadawn
I played the clarinet for 10 years...(hey this one time...at band camp...)..I can also pick around on the piano a bit...play a mean kazoo and sing some nasty karaoke! :happydancing:

Why does this not surprise me?:Whistle:

mikthehick 04-15-2009 03:45 AM

I play....get ready this list is long....

The violin = I started this at age 8, was trained in Classical Suzuki method, played in the Kennedy Center for 4 straight years, was concert mistress in middle and high school, played in Disney World, was Jr. and Sr. Regional and All County member, and went to States for 3 years in high school. I was also nationally ranked in high school :) It has it's own resume, seriously....I won't get into the rest....

The viola = I only started playing this to fill out a trio and quartet in high school. We played on street corners in Alexandria for money and for weddings and other special occassions.

The guitar = I write my songs on with this help.

Bass guitar = I'll occassionally just jam with my lil brother to give him some base chords and a basis to work on.

Dolcimer = I bought one last summer, rarely play

Mandalin = it's a sideways violin, so i know how to play, just need to buy one.

I've always LOVED music. I listen to it everyday, and usually sing in the car, even tho I don't think i can sing that well, too shy anyway. I don't play the violin much anymore, my old instructor passed on a year ago and it just doesn't feel right playing it without her around. Maybe I'll break it out again when I have a reason to. I taught violin and viola lessons there for awhile, but my specialty is FIDDLING and bluegrass. That's where it's at :)

VCURamFan 04-15-2009 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikthehick
I listen to it everyday, and usually sing in the car, even tho I don't think i can sing that well, too shy anyway.

Did I mention that you're not eligible to recieve your fight ticket until after you've karaoked?:Whistle: