Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Oscar De La Hoya Retires (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1228)

J.B. 04-14-2009 07:30 PM

Oscar De La Hoya Retires
 
We knew it was coming, and he just announced it.

Thanks for the memories Oscar! Sucks to see him go, but it is time.

Crisco 04-14-2009 07:44 PM

God be with you rich man

Miss Foxy 04-14-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
We knew it was coming, and he just announced it.

Thanks for the memories Oscar! Sucks to see him go, but it is time.

Thank God for that!! I can't stand him!

J.B. 04-14-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Thank God for that!! I can't stand him!

Was it the pantyhose and lipstick that got to you? :laugh:

Cuz I thought he was one hell of a boxer, that is until PBF showed him what's up.

Miss Foxy 04-14-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Was it the pantyhose and lipstick that got to you? :laugh:

Cuz I thought he was one hell of a boxer, that is until PBF showed him what's up.

LOL..I just never really cared for him. Don't get me wrong he had his moments of glory. I am still mad over the Vargas vs DeLaHoya fight..They gave it to him when he clearly lost. But hey thats the way the cookie crumbles. :Whistle:

J.B. 04-14-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
LOL..I just never really cared for him. Don't get me wrong he had his moments of glory. I am still mad over the Vargas vs DeLaHoya fight..They gave it to him when he clearly lost. But hey thats the way the cookie crumbles. :Whistle:


I knew it was something else. I could sense you had some anger for a judge somewhere in there. Besides, it's not like we actually know it was Oscar dressed in drag :laugh:

Really, DLH was never my favorite, but I do respect his skills and what he has done for Boxing. He is a legend for sure.

Miss Foxy 04-14-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I knew it was something else. I could sense you had some anger for a judge somewhere in there. Besides, it's not like we actually know it was Oscar dressed in drag :laugh:

Really, DLH was never my favorite, but I do respect his skills and what he has done for Boxing. He is a legend for sure.

Dang you can see right thru me huh!? LOL.. I always liked Tyson, Chavez, Camacho, and currently my man Wladimir Klitschko!!

J.B. 04-14-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Dang you can see right thru me huh!? LOL.. I always liked Tyson, Chavez, Camacho, and currently my man Wladimir Klitschko!!

Tyson was the man when he was young, but my favorite boxers of all time are Roy Jones Jr. , Lennox Lewis, and Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Crisco 04-14-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Tyson was the man when he was young, but my favorite boxers of all time are Roy Jones Jr. , Lennox Lewis, and Floyd Mayweather Jr.

PBFjr has my respect as a boxer but I just can't get behind him with his ghetto fabulous attitude. I hate that crap.

J.B. 04-14-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco
PBFjr has my respect as a boxer but I just can't get behind him with his ghetto fabulous attitude. I hate that crap.

You gotta be able to look past that sometimes :)

I think that's why I have always been a a hip hop fan even when I was running around the desert with hair down to my ass, partying with rednecks, and jamming with a country band. Floyd JR is a direct product of his upbringing. Everybody has their style, and Floyd's style fits him well. He may talk trash, but he is still a good person and respectful where it counts.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.