Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   MMA (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why WEC on Sunday night? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116)

County Mike 01-26-2009 08:09 PM

Why WEC on Sunday night?

I noticed that the next big WEC event is also on a Sunday night.

Why do they do that? I have to get up early Monday morning. I'm guessing most other people do too. What's wrong with Friday or Saturday nights?

TexasRN 01-26-2009 08:46 PM

Could it be to keep UFC as #1? Since WEC is free on VS, if they started showing it on a better night it could become the main draw for MMA fans. They have some great fighters there. I usually find them more entertaining than the UFC fights, partly because I love watching the little guys go at it. Anyway, that's my guess.

~Amy

atomdanger 01-26-2009 08:55 PM

Its really not a bad idea, I know a lot of people who don't watch fights live because saturday is their night to go out, or do something.
Usually folks are home on a sunday night.

TexasRN 01-26-2009 09:01 PM

On the East coast the fights end up being really late and those who work on Monday have a hard time watching them live. While there is always the possibility of taping them on a DVR or some such, it is much more fun to watch an event live. Plus, I'm old. I don't go out much anymore. :laugh:

~Amy

County Mike 01-26-2009 09:06 PM

True - I guess on West Coast time it's no big deal. 5:30am just comes too early when you're staying up until 11 or midnight watching fights.

Tyburn 01-26-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by County Mike

Why do they do that? I have to get up early Monday morning. I'm guessing most other people do too. What's wrong with Friday or Saturday nights?

NEVER Friday!

I have to go to work at 6am, Sat when they are still showing the programme!

and Saturday is primarily a UFC slott isnt it. I know they dont have to do same weekends...but still I like it Saturday and Sunday night coz I'm on holiday :laugh:

VCURamFan 01-27-2009 01:49 AM

Quote:

True - I guess on West Coast time it's no big deal. 5:30am just comes too early when you're staying up until 11 or midnight watching fights.

Well how 'bout you just stop crying, man up & deal with it!:tongue0011:

MattHughesRocks 01-27-2009 03:25 AM

I'm going to guess so it never has to compete with UFC fights on a Saturday night.

Quote:

County Mike 01-27-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Well how 'bout you just stop crying, man up & deal with it!:tongue0011:

I'm sorry. Please don't beat me. :(

I recorded the fights and watched the Jamie Varner fiasco last night. I can't say for sure, but I think he could have continued if they gave him the full five minutes. He said he couldn't see but after a few minutes he looked much better. Who knows?

Tyburn 01-28-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry. Please don't beat me. :(

:laugh: :laugh: