Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   GLAAD Demands Apology From Dana White (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1094)

TheConcretekid 04-02-2009 06:36 PM

GLAAD Demands Apology From Dana White

GLAAD is demanding Dana White to apologies for calling a UFC fighter a 'faggot' and calling Loretta Hunt a 'stupid bitch' in his latest video blog. The rant came after Hunt wrote an article about a new rule that deals with limiting managers' backstage presence. Shes claiming that this is an attempt to separate the fighters from their managers. She quoted an anonymous fighter fighter in the article, so Dana called him 'a pussy' and 'a faggot' for being anonymous

GLAAD's statement:
Quote:

White's remarks cross a line - it's unacceptable for an industry professional at his level to trade in these kinds of defamatory, anti-gay slurs...as the leader behind a billion dollar empire, White is fully aware of the reach of his remarks...White knows the success of the UFC is a result of the support of fans, gay and straight alike.

We've reached out to White and the UFC and are calling on them to apologize to his fans for using the slur, and to remove his video from his site.
The video has been removed from youtube. But what it comes down to is that if you are a CEO of a billion dollar company you can't call women bitches or anyone faggots.

Miss Foxy 04-02-2009 06:39 PM

Oh gosh half the time when people say fag/faggot its not even a gay insult its just a phrase. As far as being called a *itch I would have said *itch I am just not yours and smiled..Man people are sooooooo freakin sensitive these days!!!!!!:angry:

County Mike 04-02-2009 06:40 PM

That silly b**ch is getting all upset over something so small. Do the fa**ots really care what Dana White said?

Crisco 04-02-2009 06:42 PM

Pfft fargots thats right I said fargots. Sue me Romo's.

:tongue0011:

Llamafighter 04-02-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
GLAAD is demanding Dana White to apologies for calling a UFC fighter a 'faggot' and calling Loretta Hunt a 'stupid bitch' in his latest video blog. The rant came after Hunt wrote an article about a new rule that deals with limiting managers' backstage presence. Shes claiming that this is an attempt to separate the fighters from their managers. She quoted an anonymous fighter fighter in the article, so Dana called him 'a pussy' and 'a faggot' for being anonymous

GLAAD's statement:

The video has been removed from youtube. But what it comes down to is that if you are a CEO of a billion dollar company you can't call women bitches or anyone faggots.

I thought that might hit some nerves. f@ggot is a pretty offensive word to use by the CEO of a company. Unless he's talking about bundling twigs :wink:
Some may feel more comfortable about the usage of this word, but personally I don't like it. Probably because I've been around the theatre community for so long and have very close friends who are *GASP* Homosexual.

I wonder if he'll have to go through sensitivity training or do a duet with Elton John!!!

Crisco 04-02-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseñor
Oh gosh half the time when people say fag/faggot its not even a gay insult its just a phrase. As far as being called a *itch I would have said *itch I am just not yours I belong to Crisco and smiled..Man people are sooooooo freakin sensitive these days!!!!!!:angry:

:Whistle:

Vizion 04-02-2009 06:45 PM

sounds like GLAAD is trying to manipulate the situation...its all about gaining control. they want to put him on the spot, get the apology and further secure their agenda.

TheConcretekid 04-02-2009 06:47 PM

Dana never said, "I hate gay homo faggot queers, they are a plaque of sub humans and should all be killed" He also didn't say, "Hey! Impressionable youth! You should hate gays!" He also didn't say, "Women shouldn't be paid as much as men and are statistically stupider, smellier and are carriers of cooties."

He didn't say that, he didn't mean it and he probably doesn't think it, but the point is, he is the president and partial owner of the UFC, and you can't do stuff like that. Clearly UFC's PR group agrees because they took the video down.

Crisco 04-02-2009 06:50 PM

This is America. Say whatever the **** you want Dana. Your the ******* President but who the **** cares... Your Dana ******* White.

Even with Obama as Pres we still have the freedom to say what we want too.

If the gays are that upset stop watching Dana White interviews and boycott the UFC's.

TheConcretekid 04-02-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vizion
sounds like GLAAD is trying to manipulate the situation...its all about gaining control. they want to put him on the spot, get the apology and further secure their agenda.

This may be true, kinda like how Al Sharpton will get his face on the front cover of every newspaper following any race-related incident, this brings unnecessary attention to some issue-less story and brings negative attention to huge issues, kinda like the boy who cried wolf.

But... um... what is this agenda you speak of? Making everyone gay? Or not use words that offend people?