Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   MMA (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MMA in RVA (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10758)

VCURamFan 04-08-2014 04:03 PM

MMA in RVA

Hey guys! I know I've been MIA for a while, but there's a reason for it:
I'm lazy. Duh.
I'm getting ready to start an MMA podcast called "MMA in RVA". I'm still figuring out the ins & outs of actually getting one of these things off the ground, but in the meantime, I've started Facebook, Twitter & Tumblr pages under the same name.

I'd like to ask y'all to be my focus group. For those of you that are on those various social medias (mediums?) I'd appreciate if you could take a look at my pages & offer any criticism you may have.

Tumblr is primarily visual: GIFs, vids, pictures, etc.
Twitter is mainly for news: I follow a lot of the journalists & retweet what they post.
Facebook is the catch-all: everything I post on twitter and/or tumblr is automatically posted on my fb page.

So let me know what you think, please. Things to add/change/remove/etc. Thanks, y'all!! :happydancing:

rearnakedchoke 04-08-2014 04:33 PM

do i have to have an account? i click on the links and nothing shows up .. says page can't be found

Irish Pride 04-08-2014 11:11 PM

It's attaching the links to the matt-hughes website. You just have to separate the links, edit them. VCU just add http://www. before each link. Should do it.

VCURamFan 04-08-2014 11:30 PM

Well, what an inauspicious start! :laugh:

I've fixed 'em.

rearnakedchoke 04-09-2014 02:45 PM

works now! .. looks good ... are you planning on getting interviews with fighters that you can upload? maybe matt would be a good start! haha ... ask him about his new role with the ufc and his take on the current state of the ww division etc ... hold on, i'll ask him

VCURamFan 04-09-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 204809)
works now! .. looks good ... are you planning on getting interviews with fighters that you can upload? maybe matt would be a good start! haha ... ask him about his new role with the ufc and his take on the current state of the ww division etc ... hold on, i'll ask him

I'd certainly like to, if possible. I'm thinking that I want to give the podcast some local flavor, since it's called "MMA in RVA", and talk to Richmond-based fighters & coaches.

Starting out, though, it'll probably just be a weekly recap of news & events until I figure out my footing/voice/etc.

rearnakedchoke 04-10-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 204815)
I'd certainly like to, if possible. I'm thinking that I want to give the podcast some local flavor, since it's called "MMA in RVA", and talk to Richmond-based fighters & coaches.

Starting out, though, it'll probably just be a weekly recap of news & events until I figure out my footing/voice/etc.

sounds pretty cool .. great idea!

VCURamFan 04-24-2014 12:28 AM

Another piece in the puzzle falls into place: www.MMAinRVA.org

Bonnie 04-24-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 204850)
Another piece in the puzzle falls into place: www.MMAinRVA.org

I clicked on "Episodes" and "Articles", but no episodes or articles are coming up. Am I doing something wrong? :unsure-1:

Looks like you've put in a lot of work on all this, Ben, it all looks pretty impressive to me. Wishing you much success. :)

VCURamFan 04-24-2014 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 204851)
I clicked on "Episodes" and "Articles", but no episodes or articles are coming up. Am I doing something wrong? :unsure-1:

Looks like you've put in a lot of work on all this, Ben, it all looks pretty impressive to me. Wishing you much success. :)

Haha, no, you're not missing anything: I haven't uploaded anything yet! :laugh:

I'm still getting everything set up & making sure the framework's in place before I start recording.