Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   UFC Digi-Net - Will you pay for it? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10624)

flo 01-03-2014 06:31 AM

UFC Digi-Net - Will you pay for it?

UFC Fight Night 34 live video stream to air on promotion's new online subscription-based digital network

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...dard_730.0.jpg

Goodbye UFC.tv, hello new digital platform.

Ultimate Fighting Championship CEO Lorenzo Fertitta has a little message for all you stateside mixed martial arts (MMA) fans saddened by the news that International events would be untelevised.

Turn that frown upside down.

The world's leading combat sports promotion will pursue an aggressive global expansion, highlighted by stops in England, Sweden, Poland, Ireland, Turkey, Scotland and Germany (see the full schedule here) -- as well as a Chinese version of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF).

And, according to Fertitta (via USA Today), you can watch it all transpire on the UFC's new online subscription-based digital network.

Quote:

"The UFC's expansion into international markets, and the extended calendar of events, is certainly part of the reason it makes sense to launch the digital network in 2014. UFC fans are the most passionate fans in the world, and we want to ensure they can see every fight and every event no matter where in the world the Octagon may be."
Might be time to upgrade that cable modem.

The network is expected to roll out in 2014 in time for the UFC Fight Night 34: "Saffiedine vs. Lim" event, which takes place on January 4, 2014 from Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre in Singapore. The event will also air live via FOX Sports 1.

UFC is planning to hold upward of 50 fights in 2014 and already has a busy schedule set for pay-per-view (PPV), FOX and FOX Sports 1. Now it's asking you, as a fan, to pay for more fights so that you can keep up with what's happening around the globe.

Will you?

link to mmafighting article here

flo 01-03-2014 06:38 AM

Here is a link to their new "Fight Pass" online subscription channel.

I suppose the next move is to make TUF PPV? I think this is a mistake, these international events - many with fighters most have never heard of - should be free to all, especially us fans who have supported UFC all these years.

Just my 2 cents. :)

VCURamFan 01-03-2014 12:11 PM

So you just completely gonna ignore....THIS? :unsure-1: :cry: :tongue0011:

It's free until Feb 28th. I'm already signed up. Don't think of it as paying for fight cards, that's the wrong view. It's MMA Netflix. It's awesome. Matt's got a whole curated section where he picks his favorite fights from UFC Hall of Famers.

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/pi...pictureid=1044

Seriously, this is going to be really awesome. It's the entirety of the Zuffa MMA video library at your finger tips! On top of that, they're tossing in the occasional free fight card, no extra charge. I'm trying it out free for these next two months, but I'm fully expecting to pay once march rolls around.

VCURamFan 01-03-2014 12:17 PM

Here's the list of the "Collections" you can check out:
  • Matt Hughes' Hall of Famers
  • Follow the Belt: UFC Heavyweight
  • Chael Sonnen's American Gangsters
  • Forrest Griffin's TUF Generation
  • Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell's Out Cold Countdown
  • Anthony Pettis - Showtime's Seven
  • Top 20 Knockouts in UFC History
  • 2013 Submission of the Night
  • 2013 Fight of the Night
  • 2013 Knockout of the Night

Irish Pride 01-03-2014 04:30 PM

For me, it's not worth it because I do not enjoy watching past fights. For me it's like rereading a book. I know what's going to happen. I know lots of people like rewatching fights. It's just not for me. However, I do like highlight reels where they show a bunch of clips of KOs and submissions and stuff.

VCURamFan 01-03-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Pride (Post 203635)
For me, it's not worth it because I do not enjoy watching past fights. For me it's like rereading a book. I know what's going to happen. I know lots of people like rewatching fights. It's just not for me. However, I do like highlight reels where they show a bunch of clips of KOs and submissions and stuff.

But have you seen all of PRIDE? All of Affliction? All of WEC? All of Strikeforce? All of WFA?

It's the entire Zuffa library. Not just UFC.

kevint13 01-03-2014 04:47 PM

Ben -

What is the most recent PPV that you can watch or can you do that?

VCURamFan 01-03-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevint13 (Post 203639)
Ben -

What is the most recent PPV that you can watch or can you do that?

Pretty sure I saw GSP/Hendricks on there. I was more looking at the old stuff, but I'll check it out.

EDIT: Yeah, they have UFC 167.

kevint13 01-03-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 203641)
Pretty sure I saw GSP/Hendricks on there. I was more looking at the old stuff, but I'll check it out.

Nice...I will more than likely sign up as I really think it has a lot to offer and the price is very reasonable.

flo 01-03-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 203625)
So you just completely gonna ignore....THIS? :unsure-1: :cry: :tongue0011:

Oh damn, I'm sorry, Ben!!! :ashamed: :frantics:

I checked the first few posts under UFC section before I started the thread but obviously didn't look carefully enough. :ashamed:

I'll love it while it's free and I admit it's pretty cheap. I haven't decided yet whether I'll subscribe. It's worth it for the Matt segments though. :wub: Plus, I love watching the archived stuff. I just recently bought UFC 21-30 and UFC 31-37. Seems like this is a pretty good deal if you're addicted to UFC :-)