Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Duck Dynasty and A&E (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10621)

rearnakedchoke 12-30-2013 05:53 PM

Duck Dynasty and A&E

saw that there was talk of starting a thread .. so i'll start ...

i think A&E did a good job in doing enough to make it look like they were doing something, when in fact, all they were doing was creating more buzz for the show to get more viewers .. i like the show, i don't think many people are going to boycott it, haven't heard anything around sponsors tho ...

Neezar 12-30-2013 06:22 PM

I thought it was ironic that they suspended him from the show and then played marathons of Duck Dynasty for days and days and days.

:laugh:

He's back in now though. But A & E promises to show ads about tolerance.

Where are the ads for tolerance of people and their religious beliefs? If gays want to be accepted for who they are and what they believe then why not start by being a good example?

rearnakedchoke 12-30-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neezar (Post 203568)
I thought it was ironic that they suspended him from the show and then played marathons of Duck Dynasty for days and days and days.

:laugh:

He's back in now though. But A & E promises to show ads about tolerance.

Where are the ads for tolerance of people and their religious beliefs? If gays want to be accepted for who they are and what they believe then why not start by being a good example?

i agree .. he has the freedom to speak his religious beliefs ... A&E just worried about $$, but they can't do anything that would jeopardize their number one show ...

Chuck 01-02-2014 01:08 AM

From my Facebook page:

Unofficial A&E statement regarding Phil Robertson

"We intentionally allowed an interview with Phil that contained coarse language to be published so we could drum up free publicity. It worked. Thank you for playing our little game. Now that we have all of your attention we will definitely let Phil be part of the filming. What do you think we are stupid? We make TONS of cash off that guy. Don't worry, we'll air a few PSA's on "tolerance" to pacify the Pink minority but trust us, he was never going anywhere. See you in the Spring!"

Sincerely A&E executives.

flo 01-02-2014 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 203589)
From my Facebook page:

"We intentionally allowed an interview with Phil that contained coarse language to be published so we could drum up free publicity. It worked. Thank you for playing our little game. Now that we have all of your attention we will definitely let Phil be part of the filming. What do you think we are stupid? We make TONS of cash off that guy. Don't worry, we'll air a few PSA's on "tolerance" to pacify the Pink minority but trust us, he was never going anywhere. See you in the Spring!"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Right on the money, Chuck.

Neezar 01-02-2014 02:06 PM

Does anyone on here think A & E was right in suspending him?

It just irritated me that they were running marathons of Duck Dynasty after that. lol. Swing one way or the other, you know.

And for the record, I don't believe that Phil's comments were appropriate for a public interview.

VCURamFan 01-02-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 203589)
From my Facebook page:

:happy0198:

Chuck 01-02-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neezar (Post 203595)

It just irritated me that they were running marathons of Duck Dynasty after that. lol. Swing one way or the other, you know.

And for the record, I don't believe that Phil's comments were appropriate for a public interview.

Why?

Neezar 01-06-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neezar (Post 203595)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 203617)
Why?

Well, I think it is great that he has strong ideals about what is right and wrong in the eyes of the Lord. And I think he has every right to express that. However, he also condemns them and says that they won't go to heaven. I believe that is exclusively up to God and we were warned against judging/condemning others. So in that I believe he was showing unchristian like behavior.

Chuck 01-06-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neezar (Post 203677)
Well, I think it is great that he has strong ideals about what is right and wrong in the eyes of the Lord. And I think he has every right to express that. However, he also condemns them and says that they won't go to heaven. I believe that is exclusively up to God and we were warned against judging/condemning others. So in that I believe he was showing unchristian like behavior.

Gotcha. We see this one differently but that's cool. Always room for differing opinions on this forum that's for sure. LOL :)