Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Movie Talk (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10587)

Neezar 11-24-2013 08:05 PM

Movie Talk

I went and seen Hunger Games: Catching Fire yesterday. :happydancing:

Anyone else read these books/seen the movies?

Loved, loved, loved the books! The movies are pretty good, too.

Loved the movie yesterday with the exception of one person in the theatre that kept saying, "That isn't how it happened in the book!"
Just shut up already. lol

TexasRN 11-24-2013 08:54 PM

I read the books and I saw the first movie. I'm not allowed to go see the second one yet. :sad: I have heard a lot of good things about the second movie so I'd really like to watch it in the theater. Maybe, if I deliver soon, I can catch it at the dollar theater which is all I'll be able to afford by then anyway. :laugh:

I have heard the second movie was closer to the book than the first movie was. My husband didn't read the books and was confused about a few things. He kept making noises during the first movie in the theater so I told him I'd go see the second and third ones by myself. He didn't like that idea. Once I explained some of the background that was left out, he was more into it. I felt they did a good job with the movie and that they changed things that didn't make a big story change.

~Amy

Neezar 11-24-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasRN (Post 202979)
I read the books and I saw the first movie. I'm not allowed to go see the second one yet. :sad: I have heard a lot of good things about the second movie so I'd really like to watch it in the theater. Maybe, if I deliver soon, I can catch it at the dollar theater which is all I'll be able to afford by then anyway. :laugh:

I have heard the second movie was closer to the book than the first movie was. My husband didn't read the books and was confused about a few things. He kept making noises during the first movie in the theater so I told him I'd go see the second and third ones by myself. He didn't like that idea. Once I explained some of the background that was left out, he was more into it. I felt they did a good job with the movie and that they changed things that didn't make a big story change.

~Amy

I wondered about that; if someone hadn't read the books would they really understand all that is happening?

My boys loved the movies. Not sure if it was appropriate for their age. And they are now asking questions about our government. Wanting to know if they are like the capitol. :unsure-1:

I tell them yes and that we will be the leaders in District 13. :laugh:

County Mike 11-25-2013 12:06 AM

I read the books and saw the first movie. Most likely I'll watch the second one when it comes out on DVD.

I did watch "The Purge" yesterday. Cool idea and decent movie, but nothing to go crazy over.

Neezar 11-25-2013 12:32 AM

My favorite recent movies are 'Epic' and 'The Croods'. lol

rearnakedchoke 11-25-2013 12:33 PM

haven't seen the second one ... reading the first book now ... but will probably check out the second movie soon ....

oooh!!! epic and croods??? how was it? my kids no longer want to see animated movies, so i have to wait til they come out on the movie channel ..

TexasRN 11-25-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 202989)
haven't seen the second one ... reading the first book now ... but will probably check out the second movie soon ....

oooh!!! epic and croods??? how was it? my kids no longer want to see animated movies, so i have to wait til they come out on the movie channel ..

I drag my teenagers into the animated movies and make them watch with me. :laugh:

I watched Epic after it was on PPV here. I still have not seen the Croods. I want to, though. It looks funny. Epic was ok.

~Amy

Neezar 11-25-2013 05:19 PM

I loved The Croods! It was funny and a good story.

rearnakedchoke 11-25-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasRN (Post 202990)
I drag my teenagers into the animated movies and make them watch with me. :laugh:

I watched Epic after it was on PPV here. I still have not seen the Croods. I want to, though. It looks funny. Epic was ok.

~Amy

that's a good idea!!!!!! gonna start draggin them!!!

TexasRN 11-26-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 203006)
that's a good idea!!!!!! gonna start draggin them!!!

I swear mine secretly enjoy it. When we talk about the movie afterwards it's obvious they liked it but don't want to admit it, being all grown up and too cool at 15 and 16. :laugh:

~Amy