Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   US Presidents Fascinating speech to United Nations (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10530)

Tyburn 09-24-2013 07:09 PM

US Presidents Fascinating speech to United Nations
 
:ninja: Some of you would do well to listen to the first few moments, where Obama actually does quite a good job of explaining what the United Nations is and how it came about.

His comments are interesting in light of his second topic being the economic crisis, which he apparently perceives to be over, albiet, fragile.

His next comments about the US and its mission to end a decade of War, might fool some into thinking that he's making the US out to be a peace maker, when in reality, all he is trying to do is reverse the policy of the previous Republican administration, who were not particularly peace makers, although, fairly ballenced in light of the shock they got...and to just declaire peace in iraq and afghanistan, shows a lack of understanding about, why, even if you dissagree with the premise of the wars, it might be important, once in, to stay in until the job is done.

Four moments in and Obama has said nothing about Syria :laugh:

It cuts out at that point coz I think the speech might still be actually going on :laugh:

Bonnie 09-26-2013 06:43 PM

I don't want to listen to him anymore. Besides, it's been reported this speech is just a repeat of his speech from '08 or '09.

But I do agree with you that he doesn't have a clue; after five years, he still believes he can negotiate with terrorists and terrorist nations like Iran. The Iranians wouldn't even do a photo op shaking hands with Obama. Maybe spitting in the eye or a knife in the back is more their idea of getting this diplomacy started?

Looking at what has happened, and what is about to happen to our country, as well as what's taken place across the Middle East since Obama has been President and Commander in Chief, I'm reminded of that saying, "Who needs enemies..." :wink:

CAVEMAN1 09-26-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 202034)
I don't want to listen to him anymore. Besides, it's been reported this speech is just a repeat of his speech from '08 or '09.

But I do agree with you that he doesn't have a clue; after five years, he still believes he can negotiate with terrorists and terrorist nations like Iran. The Iranians wouldn't even do a photo op shaking hands with Obama. Maybe spitting in the eye or a knife in the back is more their idea of getting this diplomacy started?

Looking at what has happened, and what is about to happen to our country, as well as what's taken place across the Middle East since Obama has been President and Commander in Chief, I'm reminded of that saying, "Who needs enemies..." :wink:


Agreed! This administration has been a complete train wreck since day 1. Total incompetency! This mans vision for America is deeply flawed.

Tyburn 09-27-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 202034)
I don't want to listen to him anymore.

:wink:

:laugh: Bonnie!! I think you're fantastic!! :laugh:

:ashamed:

rearnakedchoke 09-27-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 202034)
I don't want to listen to him anymore. Besides, it's been reported this speech is just a repeat of his speech from '08 or '09.

But I do agree with you that he doesn't have a clue; after five years, he still believes he can negotiate with terrorists and terrorist nations like Iran. The Iranians wouldn't even do a photo op shaking hands with Obama. Maybe spitting in the eye or a knife in the back is more their idea of getting this diplomacy started?

Looking at what has happened, and what is about to happen to our country, as well as what's taken place across the Middle East since Obama has been President and Commander in Chief, I'm reminded of that saying, "Who needs enemies..." :wink:

because the middle east has always been a peaceful place to be and just became violent during obama's tenure ??? ... no one has a crystal ball, so we can never look into the future, but if you honestly think that voting in mitt romney as president would actually have been better for the US or the world, i don't think i would agree ... i am not saying that i think obama has done the best, i just think he is doing much better than what mitt would have done ..

Bonnie 09-29-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 202055)
because the middle east has always been a peaceful place to be and just became violent during obama's tenure ??? ... no one has a crystal ball, so we can never look into the future, but if you honestly think that voting in mitt romney as president would actually have been better for the US or the world, i don't think i would agree ... i am not saying that i think obama has done the best, i just think he is doing much better than what mitt would have done ..

RNC, I'm sure you love your country, right? I love my country too. I just wish I could say I thought our President loved this great country, but his actions and words seem to be more anti-America than anything else.

rearnakedchoke 09-30-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 202068)
RNC, I'm sure you love your country, right? I love my country too. I just wish I could say I thought our President loved this great country, but his actions and words seem to be more anti-America than anything else.

i am sure you do love your country, as i do ... i don't know how you think he doesn't love his country though .. he is doing what he think is best for the country, and i guess that means in the long term keeping the power with the democratic party .. i am sure that is one of the goals of every pres, is to try and do a good job, so that your party gets re elected the next time around ... i think come 2016, the dems will get the nod again, which probably means he is making the majority of voters happy!

Bonnie 09-30-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 202073)
i am sure you do love your country, as i do ... i don't know how you think he doesn't love his country though .. he is doing what he think is best for the country, and i guess that means in the long term keeping the power with the democratic party .. i am sure that is one of the goals of every pres, is to try and do a good job, so that your party gets re elected the next time around ... i think come 2016, the dems will get the nod again, which probably means he is making the majority of voters happy!

I won't even try to guess how the 2014 and 2016 elections will go. I would never have thought any incumbent President would have been re-elected for a 2nd term with such a weak economy and even weaker record to run on as Obama had. Instead of giving all the credit for that to Obama, I'm going to have to give some to all those conservative voters who refused to go vote because they weren't happy with Romney as their candidate.

I guess we'll see how much hurt'n people are willing to endure before they finally wise up.

Bonnie 09-30-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn (Post 202054)
:laugh: Bonnie!! I think you're fantastic!! :laugh:

:ashamed:

It's the honest truth, Dave, I literally can't stand to hear the man's voice or see his face anymore. All that comes out of his mouth are lies. He doesn't want our country to be exceptional or for individuals to strive to be the very best, he wants everybody on the same level. He's doing everything in his power to "reduce" us on the world stage and as individuals. In his mind, everything that has made this country great is all wrong. I agree with Mike who said, "Worst president ever"!

flo 10-02-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAVEMAN1 (Post 202035)
Agreed! This administration has been a complete train wreck since day 1. Total incompetency! This mans vision for America is deeply flawed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 202079)
It's the honest truth, Dave, I literally can't stand to hear the man's voice or see his face anymore. All that comes out of his mouth are lies. He doesn't want our country to be exceptional or for individuals to strive to be the very best, he wants everybody on the same level. He's doing everything in his power to "reduce" us on the world stage and as individuals. In his mind, everything that has made this country great is all wrong. I agree with Mike who said, "Worst president ever"!

Word and word.

The thin-skinned teleprompter reader is so out of his depth it's pathetic.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.